Raspberry Pi 3 + GL Driver

Hi there! I am working on my first RPi opneframeworks project, which is basically a shader.
I am trying to use the experimental GL Driver, looking for some performance improvement, but I get these error messages:

[ error ] ofAppEGLWindow: getScreenSize(): tried to get display size but failed
[notice ] ofAppEGLWindow: setupRPiNativeWindow(): screenRect: 0x0
[notice ] ofAppEGLWindow: setupRPiNativeWindow(): windowRect: 0x0
[ error ] ofAppEGLWindow: setupRPiNativeWindow(): dispman_element == DISPMANX_INVALID
[warning] ofAppEGLWindow: getNativeDisplay(): window not initialized, returning NULL
[warning] ofAppEGLWindow: getNativeDisplay(): window not initialized, returning NULL
[notice ] ofAppEGLWindow: createSurface(): setting up EGL Display

My memory split is 512/512, so that should not be a problem. When not using that driver, it runs ok.
I guess it has to do with the graphic context definition, but no clue on how to solve it. Any help will be highly appreciated!

you would have to modify OF in order to use the driver. There are quite a few RPI specific conditionals that require it to be OpenGL ES

Thanks JVCleave! Is there any point I could start?
Is there any intention of adpation OF to that driver?
Thanks again!
D!

If I were to try it I would start with the regular Linux version. We would probably wait for a release version before any OF support.

Thanks a lot for the hint!
Best,
D!

Any update on this as I am hitting this error. When I disable the the opengl driver it runs properly but with opengl driver enabled, it throws this error.

Hi!
No, sorry, I couldn’t find the time to make it work :frowning:

Do you have any idea about the reason behind this error?