Qtcreator undefined reference to std::cout

I install openframework 9.4 and qt creator 4.1.0 I am using Ubuntu.

After creating new project using qt it becomes useless because I cannot run it.

The issues are

In function ''Poco::Net:;ConsoleCertificateandler::onInvalidCert
undefined reference to ‘std::cout’ ConsoleCertificateHandler.cpp

how to fixed this?

openframeworks 9.4 won’t work anymore with recent ubuntu versions, please use the latest nightly builds

OK I download the openframework from this link https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/

by running sudo ./install_dependicies.sh I dont have problems.

But I encounter a problem after this command.
sudo ./compileOF.sh -j3

the error message is.

/utils/ofConstants.h:269:24: fatal error: tesselator.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTessellator.h:3:0,
from /home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTessellator.cpp:1:
/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:269:24: fatal error: tesselator.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from /home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofPath.h:3:0,
from /home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofPath.cpp:1:
/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:269:24: fatal error: tesselator.h: No such file or directory

and

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: recipe for target ‘/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofCairoRenderer.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofCairoRenderer.o] Error 1
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: recipe for target ‘/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofPath.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/home/jhovarie/Desktop/CurrentProjects/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofPath.o] Error 1
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:212: recipe for target ‘Debug’ failed
make: *** [Debug] Error 2
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

How to fixed this?

ah no, by the nightlies i mean the downloads at the bottom of this page: http://openframeworks.cc/download/

I download of_v20180425_linux64gcc5_nightly then what happen I have new error.

Lexical or Prepocessor Issue
3:10 fatal error: ‘ofMain.h’ file not found

I already compiled the openframework like sudo ./install_dependency , sudo ./compileOF.sh -j3

all are success full but still cannot run it.

you are using the gcc 5 version do you really have gcc 5? if you are using a relatively recent linux distro you are probably using 6 or later, try downloading the gcc6 version instead

I check my gcc version its
gcc version 5.4.0 ok let me try gcc 6.

No, if you really have gcc 5 then the gcc 5 version is the correct one

I already uninstall gcc6 and tried it thesame error… so I return it to gcc5.

Same errors happen. “ofMain.h” file not found

Also i check the myproject.qbs

It also have erros something like the fallowing.

import qbs.Process QML module not found (qbs.Process).

import qbs.File (QML module not found (qbs.File)

import qbs.FileInfo (QML module not (qbs.FileInfo)

import qbs.TextFile (QML module not found (qbs.TextFile).

Is this because I am only using qtcreator? should I download the whole qt installer?

no qt creator should be fine. can you post exact verstions you are using of OF, linux, gcc and qtcreator as well as a screenshot of the qtcreator window with the errors?

Before I read your post I already uninstall my qt creator… if Im not mistaken its qt 4.1 but the openframework version I forget it…

What I did is I install qt again from this link
https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.10/5.10.1/
https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.10/5.10.1/qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.10.1.run

And the version of openframework is download from this link.
http://ci.openframeworks.cc/versions/nightly/of_v20180501_linux64gcc5_nightly.tar.gz

The QML module not found error is now gone but the error “ofMain.h” file not found still exists…

My gcc version is 5.5.0 please check the screenshot.

do the examples that come with openframeworks work? it seems that the project you are creating is empty. the opened files don’t belong to the project and so there’s no references to OF or anything else.

The nightly builds should work with qtcreator 4.6 can you use the latest nightly or 0.10.0RC4 and qtcreator 4.6 from this link

http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qtcreator/4.6/4.6.0/qt-creator-opensource-linux-x86_64-4.6.0.run

Also can you create new projects inside the openframeworks folder in apps/myApps/ or anywhere 2 levels below the openframeworks folder so your project folder should end up being something like:

openframeworks/apps/myApps/testproject

Also as explained here How to build on Qt designer? you need to configure the project first, that screen should appear the first time you open or create a project but if it doesn’t try going to the projects section and press the configure project button. Otherwise you’ll end up with an empty project

@arturo oh this happened to me many times. I wonder if it’s a bug. Sometimes I have the Mode Selector hidden, and the question about configuring the project is not displayed. Then I wonder what’s going on until I manually open the Mode Selector, click Project and notice it’s asking me to configure the project.

It should probably be added to the QtCreator documentation (if it’s not there yet).

I’ve never seen it but if it’s something that happens often let’s add it to the docs

I just tried and having the Mode Selector open or close makes no difference: the configure project window is not shown to me automatically.

Could it be because my project location is not in the default location? I’ll test that.

While creating the projects I enter the OF location and things work fine, but only after I manually click Projects and then Configure Project. Otherwise the files are not part of any project and the dialog is not shown automatically.

Update: having it on the default location makes no difference either for me. I always open the Projects window manually. I just got used to doing it and forgot that it’s not intuitive.

oh i see, i haven’t use the wizard in a while cause i usually create the projects with the command line PG. there might be something weird in the template. i’ll take a look

Hello I tried the example and its working but when I tried creating new project then even I click the configure still thesame error…

But when I tried to restart thet qtcreator and open thesame project the error is gone… now it is working… thanks to all who replied.