Qtcreator fails with openframeworks project

Hi,
I’ve downloaded latest Qt with Qtcreator included from the online installer. It works just fine when I test the Qt examples provided in the Welcome page, but when I try to create a new openframeworks project, I get such error

warning: /mnt/wdblue/src/of_v0.9.8_linux64_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator/modules/of/helpers.js:5 Cannot open ‘/mnt/wdblue/src/of_v0.9.8_linux64_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator/modules/of/qbs’.

Actually the file qbs is not available in the of folders, there’s only helpers.js and of.qbs.

Could anyone give support?

Thank you and regards

I solved it commenting the helpers.js:5 line

1 Like

Thank you, had the same problem and your solution resolved :wink:

Glad it was useful for you too. I still have some sort of misbehavior, but I don’t get why this happens. It happens only with new generated projects, if you try with examples it works fine. The error is:

error: Cannot lock build graph file
‘/mnt/wdblue/src/of_v0.9.8_linux64_release/apps/myApps/build-myFirstTest-Desktop-Debug/qtc_Desktop_c6e911bb-debug/qtc_Desktop_c6e911bb-debug.bg’:
Already locked by ‘QtCreator’ (PID 25811).)

It would be great if someone from developers could help with it :wink:

what version of qtcreator are you using? OF 0.9.8 only supports 4.1.0 as explained in the download section: http://openframeworks.cc/setup/qtcreator/

Hi Arturo,
I was trying with qtcreator 4.3.0.
I’ve installed qtcreator 4.1.0 but I get the same error.
Is there any strict version for qbs as well?
Thanks for your reply

if you get already locked build graph it could be cause the program crashed and it left a lock in the build folder, just delete that whole folder: /mnt/wdblue/src/of_v0.9.8_linux64_release/apps/myApps/build-myFirstTest-Desktop-Debug/

such error happens on a brand new project as well, it works okey if I open an example though