Projects made with the project generator won't compile

For reference my xcode version is 9.2. I’m also using the openframeworks version 0.9.8.

When I create a project using the project generator included with the release it always fails to compile, even if I input 0 code. I get a whole list of semantic errors as shown below:

No member named ‘ptrdiff_t’ in the global namespace; did you mean ‘::ns_creeps::ptrdiff_t’?

No member named ‘max_align_t’ in the global namespace; did you mean ‘::ns_creeps::max_align_t’?

No member named ‘fabsf’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘fabsf’?

No member named ‘fabs’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘fabs’?

No member named ‘fabsl’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘fabsl’?

No member named ‘acosf’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘acosf’?

No member named ‘acos’ in the global namespace

No member named ‘asinf’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘asinf’?

No member named ‘asinl’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘asinl’?

No member named ‘asin’ in the global namespace

No member named ‘atanf’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘atanf’?

No member named ‘atanl’ in the global namespace; did you mean simply ‘atanl’?

No member named ‘atan’ in the global namespace

And a few more relating to trig functions. It seems like the main issues are located in the math.h file and the cstddef file.

When I copy the empty example and use that everything works fine. This only happens when I use the included project generator. Copying the empty example is perfectly fine, but I do love the ease of including addons that comes with the generator!! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I can’t help but just to confirm that I’m using xCode 9.2 with of 0.9.8 and it seems ok here…?

no worries! For the time being the empty example will have to do :slight_smile:

strangely enough it’s working now and I’m not getting that error anymore. Chalk it up to code ghosts!

1 Like