projectGenerator : testing / help needed

I’ve recently finished some important changes in projectGenerator and it would be great if you can help testing.
I’ve tested mostly on XCode and VS2019 but additional test for this platforms is also needed.
iOS, Android, QBS etc.
It is great to test addons and projects with different features, like additional source codes, dylibs, frameworks, system frameworks, props, etc.

Testing and reporting issues will help OF 0.12 having a nice projectGenerator.

I test your changes when I clone the OF repo and go through the steps mentioned in the projectGenerator repo, right?
When I run git submodule update I see: Submodule path ‘projectGenerator’: checked out ‘0d93f27a9fb397df07b87295c0a756c81f74eda8’
So I guess I’m now testing your version.

Do I submit feedback here, or a Github issue?
Without awaiting an answer on this question, here’s something:
I’m on Linux Mint 21.1 and can’t generate a project with the PG-GUI.

Error…
There was a problem generating your project… /home/jildert/testOFPG/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/mySketch
Command failed: /home/jildert/testOFPG/openFrameworks/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine/bin/projectGenerator -o"/home/jildert/testOFPG/openFrameworks" -a"ofxGui" -p"osx" -t"" “/home/jildert/testOFPG/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/mySketch”
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::filesystem::__cxx11::filesystem_error’
what(): filesystem error: cannot create directory: No such file or directory [/home/jildert/testOFPG/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/mySketch]
Aborted (core dumped)

Perhaps because it thinks I’m on OSX? (I can’t change that in the PG-GUI)
I can create the project with the commandline however.
../commandLine/bin/projectGenerator -o"../../.." -a"ofxGui" ../../testApp

2 Likes

Thank you! both places work, preference github issues.
this is a previous commit so I’ll be updating pg submodule to point to latest.
I’m using a version so we can see in commandLine which version is being used, last one is
[notice ] PG v.17
this is useful too for projectGenerator frontend, so we can see the version that is being bundled.