projectGenerator for linux missed in 0071? (SOLVED)

i want to try OF 0071 and ofxCv addon (also for this issue : http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/issue-with-ofxcv-in-ubuntu-11.04-and-of007-solved/9897/0) but i can’t find projectGenerator script like suggested in the readme file. Maybe is missing or i have’t done the right process? in a console

cd OF_ROOT/scripts/projectGenerator

and then make. but instead i receive:

File or directory does not exist

tell me that i’m not crazy, please! lol

ok as @bilderbuchi says https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/1287 :

In the github repo, the project generator is in /apps/devApps/projectgenerator , use that one. failing that, the templates for makefiles etc are in the /scripts//template/ folder.

first you need to launch install_dependencies.sh script to build static lib and after cd to /apps/devApps/projectgenerator and

sudo cp bin/projectGenerator /usr/bin

but when i launch the app:

projectGenerator: error while loading shared libraries: libfmodex.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

is there something else to do? i see in/home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/export/linux/readMe.txt that should be a clickToLaunchApp.sh but there isn’t…

i solved the issue with libfmodex.so cpying the libs in usr/lib. but now running the PG i get:

walter@walter-VGN-AR51E:~/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples$ cd projectGenerator example-empty
bash: cd: projectGenerator: File o directory non esistente
walter@walter-VGN-AR51E:~/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples$ projectGenerator example-empty
projectGenerator: error while loading shared libraries: libfmodex.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
walter@walter-VGN-AR51E:~/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples$ projectGenerator example-empty
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: Error: Missing GL version

OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofFile::copyFromTo source file/folder doesn’t exist: /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.cbp
CBLinuxProject: OF_LOG_ERROR: error copying cbp template from /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.cbp to /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/example-empty.cbp
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxOpenCv/src/
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxOpenCv/src/
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxCv/src/
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxCv/libs/
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofDirectoryLister::listDirectory() error opening directory /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/addons/ofxCv/src/
walter@walter-VGN-AR51E:~/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples$

maybe i don’t understood how ProjectGenerator works?

p.s maybe some errors listed happens because there was already some files in the folder (Makefile, addons.make, cb files…) deleted these left only src folder with testapp.cpp etc
but got also errors:

OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofFile::copyFromTo source file/folder doesn’t exist: /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.cbp
CBLinuxProject: OF_LOG_ERROR: error copying cbp template from /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.cbp to /home/walter/openframeworks0071/openframeworks/examples/OfxCvexamples/example-empty/example-empty.cbp

ok i get projectGenerator work!!
first: i was on readme.linux old instructions. ( but in github it isnt… why this? i downloaded it this morning)

second: pay attention to this in readme.txt :

To use it, compile the project generator. When it run, the first time it launches, make sure it points to the root of your OF installation (ie, the folder that contains libs, addons, examples, etc).
You can use the project generator to make all the example files for your platform (or any platform).

you can also modify the OF path after ( as i did)
it works good now, very useful app!
thanks to the OF team for this!

how exactly did you solve it i am getting dese

projectGenerator myApps/Test/  

OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofFile::copyFromTo source file/folder doesn't exist: /home/dell/Downloads/OpenFrameworks/openFrameworks/apps/devApps/projectGenerator/bin/scripts/linux/template/linux/src  
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofFile::copyFromTo source file/folder doesn't exist: /home/dell/Downloads/OpenFrameworks/openFrameworks/apps/devApps/projectGenerator/bin/scripts/linux/template/linux/bin  
OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: ofFile::copyFromTo source file/folder doesn't exist: /home/dell/Downloads/OpenFrameworks/openFrameworks/apps/devApps/projectGenerator/bin/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.workspace  
CBLinuxProject: OF_LOG_ERROR: error copying workspace template from /home/dell/Downloads/OpenFrameworks/openFrameworks/apps/devApps/projectGenerator/bin/scripts/linux/template/linux/emptyExample_linux.workspace to /home/dell/Documents/of_v0071_linux_release/apps/myApps/Test/Test.workspace  

is your OF path in ~/.ofProjectGenerator/config correct?

i am afraid dere no such ~/.ofProjectgenerator.config can you brief me with the steps to create a new project and the process to compile it

~/.ofProjectgenerator.config should be generated the first time you run the projectGenerator. I’m not sure but I think you have to start without command line arguments first.