projectGenerator build?

I’m running the projectGenerator build according to the readme but I just get the following error from make:

make: *** No rule to make target `/home/base/clanguages/of/0071/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/libopenFrameworks.a', needed by `bin/projectGenerator'.  Stop.  

I think a note should be added to say something like “make sure you have a release build for the static openFrameworks library before you run this”. Just a thought.

I think this is a problem for every app you compile, not just the PG. Is there a way to make the app’s makefile trigger a (re)build of OF if necessary?

any solution to it yet??

not yet. for now just compile openframeworks manually.

just reported this at https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/1326

I have problem when run install_dependencies.sh in my computer using ArchLinux in OF 0072 form git

make: *** No rule to make target `Release’. Stop.
there has been a problem compiling the projectGenerator
please report this problem in the forums.

The projectGenerator error when compiling
In file included from …/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:141:0,
from …/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:5,
from src/projects/baseProject.h:7,
from src/projects/xcodeProject.h:5,
from src/projects/xcodeProject.cpp:1:
/usr/include/GL/glxew.h:1591:32: error: expected initializer before ‘glxewIsSupported’
/usr/include/GL/glxew.h:1595:32: error: expected initializer before ‘glxewGetExtension’
src/projects/xcodeProject.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void xcodeProject::addInclude(std::string)’:
src/projects/xcodeProject.cpp:588:19: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
src/projects/xcodeProject.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void xcodeProject::addLibrary(std::string, baseProject::LibType)’:
src/projects/xcodeProject.cpp:635:19: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
make: *** [obj/x86_64Release/src/projects/xcodeProject.o] Error 1

How I overcome this ?

hm, did you run install_dependencies with sudo permissions (for the installation part)? did OF itself compile without complaint?
i can’t reproduce this using ubuntu with current develop from github, in any case. could be too far from your config, though, so I’m not sure how much this is worth.

ah i remember now, this is a mysterious error with Arch and glew1.8. Feel free to pitch in an contribute if you can: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/1637