Problems in QtCreator with new OF 0.11.0 release

Can you help me to configure QtCreator (yeah, the correct version - 4.6.1) please?
Since I downloaded and setup new OF 0.11.0 32bit version for qt/msys2,
I can’t seem to get through the IDE parsing OF. It disables the OF and prevents from building. (mingw32 shell builds a project successfully with make command)

I followed everything in the guides for msys2 and Qt creator (msys2 is installed into C:msys64/ and I use the mingw32 folder inside for the 32bit version of the new OF) - the C/C++ compilers are all set correctly to C:\msys64\mingw32\bin and debugger auto-detected at C:\msys64\mingw32\bin\gdb.exe.
I have this set up accordingly in the only Desktop Kit I use in the QtCreator Build&Run Options. Sysroot field is left empty, but i think it doesn’t matter…

Now, even if I create a new OF project via OF wizard template, I get these 6 issues and the friggin’ qbs files can’t detect anything…

1. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\apps\myApps\myTestApp\myTestApp.qbs:11: warning: Error while handling product 'myTestApp':

2. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\qtcreator\modules\of\of.qbs:69: warning: error: MSYSTEM environment variable is not set or set to in incorrect value. MSYSTEM should be set to MINGW32 or MINGW64(experimental)current MSYSTEM =

3. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\apps\myApps\myTestApp\myTestApp.qbs:11: warning: Product 'myTestApp' had errors and was disabled.

4. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\qtcreator\openFrameworks.qbs:8: warning: Error while handling product 'openFrameworks':

5. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\qtcreator\modules\of\of.qbs:69: warning: error: MSYSTEM environment variable is not set or set to in incorrect value. MSYSTEM should be set to MINGW32 or MINGW64(experimental)current MSYSTEM =
6. D:\Work\OpenFrameworks\of_v0.11.0_msys2_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\qtcreator\openFrameworks.qbs:8: warning: Product 'openFrameworks' had errors and was disabled.

I was using former version of OF (0.10.1) with Qt until yesterday when I noticed the new OF release - I remember that the previous version had to be adjusted inside some file to detect the paths correctly, but I wonder if this is the case now that the new release had some Qt issues resolved as I read in the changelog.

hmm… sorry, this might be well beyond anyone in the forum… rather system involved…
And I’m starting to believe that OF wizard for Qt is the culprit…

It seems my current OF wizard for Qt works for the older version 0.10.1, when I create a new project via it in OF 0.10.1 directory. But 0.11.0 went through some changes in this, didn’t it?

Using Windows 10, I used OF 0.10.1 until recently, until I downloaded and tried to make OF 0.11.0 run on QtCreator.
I forgot to mention the ominous fact that I had to uninstall and reinstall all msys2 flavors - previously had msys2 installed two times - one in C:msys64 and one in C:msys32, but as I read from the guide, C:msys64 should be sufficient cos it includes 32bit mingw as well…

What puzzles me greatly was that even if I uninstalled QtCreator, when I reinstalled Qt, the OF wizard as template was there already. I didn’t even have to copy/install template from the script as mentioned in the Qt/msys guide.

But I’m afraid the template OF wizard is the old 0.10.1 still featuring there and it can’t be overriden… I even tried to copy it over from the new 0.11.0 version…
If I understand correctly, there had been changes made in the new OF version concerning the OF template wizard…

Now I don’t know how the heck could Qt, being reinstalled, detect OF template PRIOR TO copying or installing it via script… I even tried to delete every QtCreator registry via regedit, to no avail…
Does Qt or Windows 10 or what autodetect OF wherever on the disks? Does it link to old version 0.10.1 by default since it’s been installed? If so, will deleting the old version from the disk prevent this?

I don’t know how is it with Windows, but in Linux the templates are not part of Qt or OF, they are in this folder:

${HOME}/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/templates/wizards/

as you could see in openFrameworks/scripts/qtcreator.

Does that help you figure out what is going on?

1 Like

Hello,
you should configure the MSYSTEM environment variable in your kit. And end up with something like this :

1 Like

Not really, but thanks anyway :slight_smile:
This might prove useful in porting projects to linux…

Thanks greatly @oxillo!
That does the trick! The ‘openFrameworks’ project is now recognized and so is the generated project.