problem with dev c++ and version 0.4

Hi everybody!

I’m working on a laptop, 32bit windows Vista and using Dev c++.

I’ve download the version 0.4 and it work fine at the beginning, but with time it started to give this error:

454 D:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
454 D:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected ,' or;’ before ‘<’ token

This errors continue with almost all code line s of ofGraphics.cpp and sometimes with rtAudio.

Right now is impossible to compile any example of the library. I also have seen this with version 0.3 and 0.2 (but is only like a couple of times).

I would like to use version 0.4 to try the addon extend ofCvBlobTracker, avaible in this forum. I’m trying to addapted to version 0.2 but my skills are very limited… so it seems that it would be easier if I could work with v. 0.4

Does anyone Knows what could be causing this? Is it my computer?

Thanks

strange -

did you follow all of the installation instructions in openframeworks.cc/setup ?

unfortunately, I’m not on vista so I can’t say exactly what it is.

can you please copy the whole log from compiling and paste it here ?

many thanks
zach

Hi!

Thanks once again.

Are you able to see it? Here is the compileLog:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24129830@N-…-5/sizes/o/

I think it could something that I’ve missed. My first suspicion was that I didn’t install the Devpacks. I checked and it seems it’s alright.

you can take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24129830@N-…-6/sizes/o/

Maybe I’m missing some other steps of OF installation…

Thanks and take care

C

I need you to post the **whole ** log as a text file please. not a screenshot… both the compiler errors the compiler log.

if you change these three lines:

std::vector <double*> newVectrices;  

to

vector <double*> newVectrices;  

does it help?

it looks like it’s having trouble compiling the vector code.

in your first post you say “it used to work” – ie, did the code compile before and doesn’t now?

thanks
zach

googling a bit makes me suspect that vista and devc++ are unhappy somehow.

maybe this is helpful:

http://aarongiles.com/?p=199

I suspect if you google “dev-c++ vista” and maybe you can fins out what you need to do to get it to compile … it looks like a few changes. if it works, please take notes !!

take care,
zach

[quote author=“zach”]I need you to post the **whole ** log as a text file please. not a screenshot… both the compiler errors the compiler log.

if you change these three lines:

std::vector <double*> newVectrices;  

to

vector <double*> newVectrices;  

[/quote]

I did this and… didn’t work.

I’ve been able to work with v.04 and compile, but only for a few. Then it started with this kind of errors…

I’m taking a look at link i gave i try to see if I find some solution

thanks

Sorry for being so annoying

The compiler errors:

454 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
454 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected ,' or;’ before ‘<’ token
456 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
456 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected ,' or;’ before ‘<’ token
458 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In function `void tessCombine(GLdouble*, void**, GLfloat*, void**)’:

509 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp newVectrices' undeclared (first use this function) (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In functionvoid clearTessVertices()’:
520 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp vector' undeclared (first use this function) 520 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected primary-expression before "double" 520 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected;’ before “double”
521 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp itr' undeclared (first use this function) 521 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpppolyVertices’ undeclared (first use this function)
528 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected primary-expression before “double”
528 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected ;' before "double" 529 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cppnewVectrices’ undeclared (first use this function)
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In function void clearCurveVertices()': 545 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cppvector’ undeclared (first use this function)
545 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected primary-expression before “double”
545 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp expected ;' before "double" 546 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cppitr’ undeclared (first use this function)
546 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp curveVertices' undeclared (first use this function) C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In functionvoid ofVertex(float, float)’:
648 C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp polyVertices' undeclared (first use this function) C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In functionvoid ofCurveVertex(float, float)’:

C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp curveVertices' undeclared (first use this function) 712 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpppolyVertices’ undeclared (first use this function)
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In function void ofBezierVertex(float, float, float, float, float, float)': 730 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpppolyVertices’ undeclared (first use this function)
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In function void ofNextContour(bool)': 772 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpppolyVertices’ undeclared (first use this function)
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpp In function void ofEndShape(bool)': 820 C:\of\_preRelease\_v0.04\_devcpp\0.04\_devcpp\libs\openFrameworks\graphics\ofGraphics.cpppolyVertices’ undeclared (first use this function)
C:\of_preRelease_v0.04_devcpp\0.04_devcpp\apps\advancedGraphicsExample\Makefile.win [Build Error] [obj/ofGraphics.o] Error 1

ok - so its unhappy with the vector calls.

I’m not sure wat to tell you. you might want to post on the devcpp forum about this and see if someone there has an idea. the same code compiles fine in xp, which makes me wonder if it’s not some bad handling of paths, or something like that…

I’m pretty sure there are some steps that are missing to get devcpp to work in vista. for example:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg-id=4156252
you might want ask around.

also, you could to try compiling a simple c++ example, outside of OF to see if it works, start with hello world and then add a vector too it (find a simple vector example to plug in).

unfortunately, we don’t run vista yet so unable to see your problem firsthand.

good luck
zach