problem while running dependencies

having a small problem, that i saw someone else had. Tried that solution but it failed. Getting output from the build messages “cannot find -lopenframewroks”

there’s an error code from the terminal at the bottom about this:

echo "creating " …/…/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a
creating …/…/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a
ar cr …/…/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundStream.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics/ofBitmapFont.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTexture.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics/ofImage.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/communication/ofArduino.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/utils/ofMath.o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.o
ar: …/…/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a: No such file or directory
make: *** […/…/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a] Error 1

any suggestions?? :frowning:

where are you running the script from? it should be run from the same directory it is and using sudo.

also if it doesn’t work try compiling the codeblocks project in libs/openFrameworksCompiled/projects/linux

both release and debug

hi, sorry i’m a bit of a nood to linux. I ran the scripts from the accessories>terminal. I changed the directory with the ‘cd’ command to the folder that had the install_dependencies.sh in it. Then i ran that with the sudo ./install_dependencies.sh command. i installed and reinstalled a bunch of times, running the karmic fix that was posted. I’m trying your advice right now but am a little bit confused. Should i be trying to change the build folder, and if so how? I’ve looked through all the options (and there’s a lot) and i can’t find the one your talking about…

i mean just open from a window the folder libs/openFrameworksCompiled/projects/linux

there you can find a file with the codeblocks icon if you already installed codeblocks. open it and compile the project. close codeblocks and the examples should work

ok, i tried that and it compiled alot of it, but libFinder error said "Found following issues with libraries:

Didn’t found configuration for libraries:
* libformat * libutil "

then when i try compiling an example it gives me a new error ’ cannot find -lfmodex"

:frowning:

can you download the package again, there was an error in the codeblocks project for the library, sorry

OMG!!! it worked!! tyvm, i’ve been slamming my head into this for almost a day and a half straight! :smiley: