Problem w/ MSABullet Physics recgonizing ofPoint v. Vec3f

Hi there,

I’m working on getting MSABullet running and hitting some snags. I got and built the Bullet library sucessfully, but then hit some errors that seem like they came from the example not being updated since the library was refactored to use the “MSA” namespace (it was referring to constants prepended with MSA, like “MSABulletRigidWorld” when the source declared those classes within the MSA namespace). Was, I think, able to sort those out by altering the example, but I’m still hitting more errors (about 285 now).

These are looking like they’re coming from the fact that the MSA::BulletRigidWorld functions aren’t recognizing ofPoints as a Vec3f?

“error: no matching function for call to ‘MSA::BulletRigidWorld::setup(ofPoint, ofPoint)’”

That’s from this line:

“world.setup(ofPoint(0, 0, 0), ofPoint(ofGetWidth(), ofGetHeight(), 0));”

the first in the example (where world is being declared thusly: “MSA::BulletRigidWorld world;”). The declaration of that function looks like this:

void setup(Vec3f worldMin, Vec3f worldMax);

I feel like this is an error I’ve encountered (and been stymied by) before when using OF addons. Is there a step I’m missing in the addon install process or something?

I’m running on 0062.

I’d appreciate any nudge in the right direction.

Thanks!

– Greg

Hy gregab,

Did you find a way to solve this? I’m in a similar situation right now with this lib[1] and still cluless

[1]http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/msabulletphysics-vec3f-issue/5607/0

These are looking like they’re coming from the fact that the MSA::BulletRigidWorld functions aren’t recognizing ofPoints as a Vec3f?

“error: no matching function for call to ‘MSA::BulletRigidWorld::setup(ofPoint, ofPoint)’”

That’s from this line:

“world.setup(ofPoint(0, 0, 0), ofPoint(ofGetWidth(), ofGetHeight(), 0));”

the first in the example (where world is being declared thusly: “MSA::BulletRigidWorld world;”). The declaration of that function looks like this:

void setup(Vec3f worldMin, Vec3f worldMax);

hi! i agree with you @gregab …something is not clear here. i have the same problem with it see here : http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/problems-trying-to-use-memo’s-msalibs/4475/0 . if i will solve it then i’ll tell you.

I put #include “MSACore.h” in MSABulletRigidBody.h and now Vec3f is well known as a type.

But I still get errors saying that ‘BulletRigidWorld’ does not name a type although it seems to be well recognized (no problem with links, …)

I don’t understand why.