Problem installing with Ubuntu Hardy

I am installing OF on a Ubuntu Hardy system. This is my first install

I installed codeblocks successfully

but got an error (see below) with
sudo ./install_dependencies.sh

I have no idea of what todo. It seems there is no libudev for Hardy

Thanks

Fred

Package libudev was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libudev.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘libudev’ found
Dans le fichier inclus à partir de …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.h:22,
à partir de …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp:1:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:4:21: attention : gst/gst.h : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
In file included from …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.h:22,
from …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp:1:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:9: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GMainLoop» with no type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:9: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:10: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GstElement» with no type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:10: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:17: erreur: «guint64» does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:18: erreur: «guint64» does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:22: erreur: «guint64» does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:123: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GstElement» with no type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:123: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:124: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GstElement» with no type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:124: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:140: erreur: «gint64» does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:141: erreur: «guint64» does not name a type
make: *** [obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.o] Erreur 1
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

can you try with this makefile? substitute the one in

libs/openFrameworksCompiled/projects/linux

or linux64 if you’re on 64bits.

i’ve just removed the libudev package from pkg-config line 59. the error you’re having is not related with libudev though but with gstreamer since the pkgconfig has failed and it’s not finding other libraries.

i think it should work, but there’s a high probability that the api in libudev has changed since hardy. if that’s the case the only solution is to update your system. previously the gstreamer module was using hal to detect the devices but hal is now deprecated and will disapear in lucid, the next ubuntu version, so libudev is the way to go but it’s relatively new and previous implementations can be not compatible.

makefile_hardy.tar.gz

Thanks

It went a little further I think

…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:10:22: attention : libudev.h : Aucu
n fichier ou dossier de ce type
In file included from …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:3:
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: erreur: ISO C++ forbids de
claration of «GstBufferList» with no type
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: erreur: expected «;» befor
e «*» token
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: erreur: ISO C++ forbids de
claration of «GstBufferList» with no type
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: erreur: expected «;» befor
e «*» token
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:131: erreur: expected construct
or, destructor, or type conversion before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp: In function «void get_video_device
s(ofGstCamData&)»:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:119: erreur: «udev_new» was not dec
lared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:120: erreur: «udev_enumerate_new» w
as not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:121: erreur: «udev_enumerate_scan_d
evices» was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:122: erreur: «udev_enumerate_get_li
st_entry» was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:136: erreur: «udev_list_entry_forea
ch» was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:136: erreur: expected ;' before «{ » token ../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:112: attention : unused variable «f d» ../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:112: attention : unused variable «o k» ../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:1252: erreur: expected}’ at end o f input
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp: At global scope:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:24: attention : «plugin_registered» defined but not used
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:25: attention : «gst_inited» define d but not used
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:41: attention : «GstFlowReturn on_n ew_buffer_from_source(GstAppSink*, void*)» defined but not used
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:67: attention : «GstFlowReturn on_n ew_preroll_from_source(GstAppSink*, void*)» defined but not used
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:102: attention : «gboolean appsink_ plugin_init(GstPlugin*)» defined but not used
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:109: attention : «void get_video_de vices(ofGstCamData&)» defined but not used
make: *** [obj/Debug/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o] Erreur 1
please report this problem in the forums

it seems libudev doesn’t exist in your system it also can’t found gstreamer. are you getting any other error apàrt from that?

are you doing:

it needs root permissions to be able to install everything. if you’re already doing this, can you try:

sudo apt-get install libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libswscale-dev freeglut3-dev libasound2-dev libxmu-dev libxxf86vm-dev g++ libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libraw1394-dev libudev-dev  

and post if you have any errors

Well I did run

I checked the dev packages you mention all but libudev, which is not present on the Hardy distribution. If I try to install it directly from the debian package (.deb) it fails without explicit message.

I did not post any new errors, because they are the same as in the previous post.

yes, it seems that package didn’t exist in hardy. you can try to install the one in jaunty:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/libudev-dev
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/libudev0

if that doesn’t work the only solution is to update your system to at least jaunty.

Thanks
I had no problem installing libudev and libudev_dev and the corresponding message disappeared
But the script still fails.

mkdir -p obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video
g++ -g -Wall -fexceptions -I…/…/…/FreeImage/include -I…/…/…/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2 -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I…/…/…/glee/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app -I…/…/…/poco/include -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Net -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Util -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/DOM -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/SAX -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/XML -I…/…/…/poco/include/CppUnit -I…/…/…/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/unicap/include -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/ -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/video -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/app -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/events -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/communication pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags -MMD -MP -MF echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.d/" -o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o -c echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.cpp/"
In file included from …/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:3:
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GstBufferList» with no type
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: erreur: ISO C++ forbids declaration of «GstBufferList» with no type
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: erreur: expected «;» before «*» token
…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:131: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before «*» token
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp: In member function «void ofGstUtils::setSpeed(float)»:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:1035: erreur: «GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP» was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o] Erreur 1

yes, you need also a newer version of gstreamer. has been taking a look at the development ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-develo-…-rchive/ppa

but they only have versions since jaunty. you can try to install a newer version of gstreamer manually, (compiling it) or upgrading to at least jaunty.