porting code from OF 0.05 to OF 0.06

hi

sorry for stupid question but i have this code i did with 0.05 and i want to compile with 0.06 but i get this error in the Build Log

\examples\DraggableRect\src\DraggableRect.h:5,
from C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\c++\OF\of_preRelease_v0.06_win32_cb_FAT\apps\examples\DraggableRect\src\DraggableRect.cpp:1:
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:45:22: ofEvents.h: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
17 errors, 0 warnings

then CodeBlocks opens the OfStandardFirmata.h file and point to line 38 where ofEvents.h is imported
#include “ofEvents.h”

Could anyone give some hints on where this is comming from? i dont really understand why this happens. I dont use firmata at all as far as i can see. Other OF examples work fine.

this is the Build messages :

…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|38|ofEvents.h: No such file or directory|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|276|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|276|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|279|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|279|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|282|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|282|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|285|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|285|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|288|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|288|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|291|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|291|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|295|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ofEvent' with no type| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\communication\ofStandardFirmata.h|295|error: expected;’ before ‘<’ token|
…\libs\openFrameworks\sound\ofSoundStream.h|6|ofEvents.h: No such file or directory|
…\libs\openFrameworks\ofMain.h|45|ofEvents.h: No such file or directory|
||=== Build finished: 17 errors, 0 warnings ===|

thanks!

enrike

The best way to port some code from 005 to 006 is to copy one of the 006 examples and overwrite the code with yours. There’s some new files and also the new events folder that must be configured in the compiler search path as they get included automatically in ofMain.h. So previous project files won’t work just like that.

aha, i understand. so there must be something in the old codeblocks file that points to a non valid file or something like that. thanks!