port to mac for me, please!

A few months ago, I finished a video game called Cygnus.

The pc version can be found here.

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/adventure/cygnus/2707/

I would really love to have a version for the mac but I don’t own a mac. Could someone attempt compiling it for me? It compiles in Code::Blocks without any issues. And doesn’t use ANY windows things, so it shouldn’t need any massaging to work.

If someone does attempt to help me, and it ends up being any more work then simply a compile on a mac, I’ll scrap the whole idea if you want.

Also, I did make two changes to OF itself. one is I commented out the bit that exits the application if the escape button is pressed. The other is I added an overload for the ofToString() function to take a boolean and return “True” and “False” as a string.

I don’t …think… I made any other changes…i’m going through just to make sure.

If anyone can help please let me know! Pre-thanks.

Tony.

iamwhosiam:

I could help.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it!

May I have your email? Or maybe send an email to anthonylromano@gmail.com so I could send you the code and stuff.

[quote author=“iamwhosiam”]A few months ago, I finished a video game called Cygnus.

The pc version can be found here.

I would really love to have a version for the mac but I don’t own a mac. Could someone attempt compiling it for me? It compiles in Code::Blocks without any issues. And doesn’t use ANY windows things, so it shouldn’t need any massaging to work.

If someone does attempt to help me, and it ends up being any more work then simply a compile on a mac, I’ll scrap the whole idea if you want.

Also, I did make two changes to OF itself. one is I commented out the bit that exits the application if the escape button is pressed. The other is I added an overload for the ofToString() function to take a boolean and return “True” and “False” as a string.

I don’t …think… I made any other changes…i’m going through just to make sure.

If anyone can help please let me know! Pre-thanks.

Tony.[/quote]

Hi Tony, can i ask if you dont own a mac why do you want a mac version? You could still play the PC version on a mac using parallels or vmware via bootcamp :slight_smile:

I have a question. How easy is it to use those techniques to get a windows application running on a mac?

I’d really like mac users (and linux users for that matter) to just be able to play the game without having to emulate it. Also having a native executable would be nice for speed reasons, but the game isn’t that cpu taxing so that doesn’t matter too much.

Of course if it’s really simple, for non-tech people as well as programmer types, then it’s fine, and mac users have probably already been playing the game I guess. lol

Again though, is it SUPER simple?