Point Grey Dragonfly Camera ; Windows 7 ; Visual Studio

Hi, everyone! I’m not exactly sure where this question should go, so I’m going to post it here until someone points me in the right direction?

I’m trying to use the ofxVideoGrabberPtgrey extension (found at https://code.google.com/p/ofxvideograbberptgrey/) to get my Point Grey camera to work with OpenFrameworks 0072 on Windows 7. I’m using Code::Blocks 10.05, not that that should make a difference. Anyway, I’ve got the linking working, but I guess the ofxVideoGrabberPtgrey extension is fairly old, and it doesn’t seem to implement the right things for the new version of OpenFrameworks. Below is what I see when I try to compile code (all I’ve done is take the example videograbber code and replace the videograbber with a videograbberptgrey):

Compiling: src\main.cpp  
In file included from C:\Users\Valkyrie\projects\libraries\openframeworks\examples\video\videoGrabberExample\src\main.cpp:2:  
C:\Users\Valkyrie\projects\libraries\openframeworks\examples\video\videoGrabberExample\src\testApp.h:22:  
error: cannot declare field 'testApp::vidGrabber' to be of abstract type 'ofxVideoGrabberPtgrey' ..\..\..\addons\ofxVideoGrabberPtgrey\src/ofxVideoGrabberFlyCapture.h:15:  
note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'ofxVideoGrabberPtgrey': ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworks\types/ofBaseTypes.h:99:  
note: 	ofPixels_<PixelType>& ofBaseHasPixels_<T>::getPixelsRef() [with T = unsigned char]  

Has anyone had success with this library?

Another approach I tried was ofxlibdc (found at https://github.com/kylemcdonald/ofxLibdc) , but I couldn’t get the Windows libdc drivers to work.

I am also trying ofxFFMV (buried in a link on http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/point-grey-flycapture2-fireflymv/2231/0), but the issue I am having there is that the linker can’t seem to find everything that it’s expecting. I’m wondering if there are libs missing from the download I found. Incidentally, the original poster has taken down his link.

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall ofxCvGrayscaleImage::ofxCvGrayscaleImage(void)" (??0ofxCvGrayscaleImage@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)" (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)  
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage(void)" (??1ofxCvGrayscaleImage@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall ofxCvGrayscaleImage::`vbase destructor'(void)" (??_DofxCvGrayscaleImage@@QAEXXZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall ofxffmv::ofxffmv(void)" (??0ofxffmv@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::setup(void)" (?setup@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ofxffmv::grabFrame(unsigned char * &,bool &)" (?grabFrame@ofxffmv@@QAEXAAPAEAA_N@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::update(void)" (?update@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  

The last thing I’ve tried is ofxFireFlyMV (https://github.com/m9dfukc/ofxFireFlyMv), but I am also getting a linking error there:

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::ofxFireFlyMv(void)" (??0ofxFireFlyMv@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)" (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)  
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::~ofxFireFlyMv(void)" (??1ofxFireFlyMv@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall testApp::~testApp(void)" (??1testApp@@UAE@XZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::initGrabber(int,int,unsigned int)" (?initGrabber@ofxFireFlyMv@@QAE_NHHI@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::setup(void)" (?setup@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: unsigned char * __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::getPixels(void)" (?getPixels@ofxFireFlyMv@@QAEPAEXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::update(void)" (?update@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::isFrameNew(void)" (?isFrameNew@ofxFireFlyMv@@QAE_NXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::update(void)" (?update@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ofxFireFlyMv::grabFrame(void)" (?grabFrame@ofxFireFlyMv@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::update(void)" (?update@testApp@@UAEXXZ)  

I am pretty new to C++ and brand new to OpenFrameworks. I didn’t really find any resolutions to questions about using Point Grey cameras with the new versions of Windows or OpenFrameworks (all the results I’m finding where people had success with the Point Grey cameras in the OFX forums are from ~3 years ago). I did get the examples from the Point Grey FlyCapture download to work out, so there isn’t an issue there…

I’m not sure if it matters, but I’m using a Dragonfly. Any pushes in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks!