Playback from an RTSP stream? (oF 0.9.8, Windows, 64bit)

I’m looking into this now, I remember there were several ways, gstreamer for instance. But as I need it to be 64 bits I was wondering if someone knows of a common way to do this with the current oF

gstreamer will work in windows 64bits in visual studio without problem using https://github.com/arturoc/ofxGStreamer

Thanks @arturo, using the PG to add ofxGStreamer to my project it seems to point to the wrong paths for the ofGst* files:

<ClCompile Include="..\..\..\addons\ofxGStreamer\src\ofxGStreamer.cpp" />
		<ClCompile Include="..\..\..\addons\ofxGStreamer\libs\openFrameworks\video\ofGstUtils.cpp" />
		<ClCompile Include="..\..\..\addons\ofxGStreamer\libs\openFrameworks\video\ofGstVideoPlayer.cpp" />
		<ClCompile Include="..\..\..\addons\ofxGStreamer\libs\openFrameworks\video\ofGstVideoGrabber.cpp" />

This was using the official 0.9.8 download. I fixe dthat by hand but now I’m getting unreferenced external symbols. Will look into it, might be related with PG failing to add the addon.

ah, yeah there was a problem with the PG and this addon that i fixed some days ago so it’ll only work with the nightly builds

you can probably just use the PG from the nightly builds with 0.9.8 instead if you want to use 0.9.8

Yup that did it :smiley:

I had to change 2 things:

In ofGstUtils.cpp, I changed this line

string gst_path = g_getenv("GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86");

to this one

string gst_path = g_getenv("GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86_64"); 

Also, I had to remove two lines from ofGstVideoPlayer::createPipeline, these:

#ifdef TARGET_WIN32
		//GstElement *audioSink = gst_element_factory_make("directsoundsink", NULL);
		//g_object_set (G_OBJECT(gstPipeline),"audio-sink",audioSink,(void*)NULL);
	#endif

because of some driver missing, maybe codecs or something to do with directshow. I don’t need audio in any case.

Hi there,
I have the same problem here with OF098 (downloaded 2 weeks ago) on OS X 10.11.6.
Basically I simply try to play the “fingers.mov” file following the ofxGStreamer example with a project built with PG and it throws the " ‘gst/gst.h’ file not found " fatal error.
I installed the packages as described by Arturo on github.
But I noticed I couldn’t rename the assert.h files as advised because : no such file or directory.
Any clue to make it compile?

renaming assert might not be needed anymore with the latest versions of gstreamer but there’s a bug in the 0.9.8 project generator that won’t allow to create a correct project for this addon. if you use the nightly builds or even just the nightly builds’ project generator with 0.9.8 it should work

Thanks for the fast reply.
So I tried at first to create a new project with the nightly built PG in my actual OF98 folder but I had the same error message about the gst.h file.
Then I dowloaded the entire latest OF nightly built and generate the new project in this directory and it worked !
I wanted to play then from an url from youtube I have already tried with the VLC media player but without crashing it didn’t work : “Secure connection setup failed.” from gstHandleMessage().
So I guess this is a port issue or maybe I have to check the firewall.

Hello,

Facing the same ‘gst/gst.h’ file not found around here (Osx 10.11.6, XCode Version 7.3.1, and nightly build oF downloaded from the website).

I also have installed the required packages according to the instructions in: https://github.com/arturoc/ofxGStreamer

Am I missing something?

can you check if this directory exists in your system?

/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers

Thanks a lot for your quick response, Arturo!

/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers

Hm, funny. The directory exists but the header is actually just a shortcut. And I couldn’t find the originals.

Maybe my installation is damaged for some reason?

could be, you could try reinstalling it, what do you get with ls -la /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers

Result:

and ls -la /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers/Versions/Current/Headers

ls: /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers/Versions/Current/Headers: No such file or directory

I reinstalled Gstreamer packages and the header files appeared! Everything is working fine now!

Thanks a lot, Arturo! It’s not the first time you’ve been really helpful to me! :slight_smile: