Paid: UDP OSC Library convert to TCP

Hello everyone! I posted in the beginner section of the forum, but it is clear that I need to hire someone for this specific part in my project.

I am looking to convert the built in UDP OSC library in OpenFrameworks. Unfortunately, the library is UDP only, I would love to convert it to TCP.

The end goal is to make it work with a free lighting software called ETC EOS: https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/

The software uses a slightly different type tag. Typical incoming OSC messages look like:
“/eos/out/cmd, LIVE: Chan 8(s), 0(i)”

I also have another library from ETC that doesn’t quite work, but could potentially be converted. In theory I would love the UDP library to work since I am already using that library and don’t need to change the implementation.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I would love to communicate with you further on budget and time!

Hi,
Why do you want to change it to TCP. Is the output of your console (light desk) TCP?
I think you need to code a different parser than the OSC implementation in OF. It can be built in the same structure, and be replaced directly.
What is the timeframe of the project? I would have time from the 10. August on.
mail (at) jonasfehr.ch
Kind regards
Jonas

Hi Ted,
What you are wanting done is certainly well within my area of expertise and I would be glad to help you out on the same.
If you are still on the lookout for someone please feel free to reach out to me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

Thank you everyone: This has been completed.

1 Like