OSX: Shader examples not rendering

Hi,

I am new to OpenGL, and currently trying to work through the shader examples (actually I’m in the middle of a project which I am surprised to discover needs me to use shaders for alpha masking, but that’s a whole other story). I am running across an issue where none of the shaders from the examples are showing. For example, in shader/01_simpleColourQuad I get a blank grey window, and in gl/geometryShaderExample I only get the white lines on a black background, regardless of whether the shader is currently active. I am using OSX high sierra and openframeworks 0.9.8. I have tried building the examples both in xcode and in clion, and the only build warning I get is as follows:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime.tbd, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime.tbd

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Cass

not sure what’s the problem but just to say that you can do alpha masking using ofTexture::setAlphaMask

oh, thank god!