Osx 10.9, xcode 5, and "directory not found"

Hi All, I’m new to Ofx. but I’ve been on this for two days now.
I’m trying to run example scripts from the myApps folder and keep running into this type of thing:

ld: warning: directory not found for option ‘-F/Users/removedmyname/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-cornelbox/…/…/libs/glut/lib/osx’
ld: library not found for -limage
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The same thing has been happening on multiple scripts. but they all run just fine if I run them from their original location in the addons folder.

any advice??
Thanks

can you post a bit more info about what you mean by scripts? are you talking about xcode projects or are you talking about external bash scripts?

is this with apps you did yourself or older examples you are trying to get working?

typically libs is three levels up ie: …/…/…/libs

so this might suggest an older project which might not be immediately compatible with a the current OF release.

I’m talking about xcode projects. I’m getting all of them from examples.
I’ve tried working with ofxBt and ofxEmbree. The last commit to ofxEmbree was six months ago, ofxBt is quite a bit older. I’m also working on the latest OF release.
Thanks for responding so quickly.

Ok, so I managed to get rid of some of the Id warnings by changing the search paths for the project and the target, but I still get the library not found error even thought the library is in the correct folder.

here is the latest error:

Ld bin/ofxEmbreeMaterial.app/Contents/MacOS/ofxEmbreeMaterial normal i386
cd /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.8
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/bin -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxEmbree/libs/embree/lib/osx32 -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/ios -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/osx -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/vs -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxEmbree/libs/embree/lib/osx32 -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/osx -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/vs -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxEmbree/libs/embree/lib/osx32 -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxEmbree/libs/embree/lib/osx32 -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/ios -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/osx -L/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/vs -F/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/bin -F/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/libs/glut/lib/osx -F/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/libs/glut/lib/osx -F/Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/…/…/…/libs/glut/lib/osx -filelist /Users/AdamSmith/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ofxEmbreeMaterial-gquulvnxujrjtadxvhnwwlpxehsq/Build/Intermediates/ofxEmbreeMaterial.build/Release/ofxEmbreeMaterial.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofxEmbreeMaterial.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.8 -dead_strip …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoCrypto.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoData.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoDataODBC.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoDataSQLite.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoFoundation.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNet.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNetSSL.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoUtil.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoXML.a …/…/…/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoZip.a …/…/…/libs/tess2/lib/osx/tess2.a …/…/…/libs/glew/lib/osx/glew.a …/…/…/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo-script-interpreter.a …/…/…/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo.a …/…/…/libs/cairo/lib/osx/pixman-1.a …/…/…/libs/fmodex/lib/osx/libfmodex.dylib …/…/…/libs/rtAudio/lib/osx/rtAudio.a …/…/…/libs/openssl/lib/osx/crypto.a …/…/…/libs/openssl/lib/osx/ssl.a …/…/…/libs/glfw/lib/osx/libglfw3.a /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworks.a -framework Accelerate -framework QTKit -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices -framework OpenGL -framework QuickTime -framework AppKit -framework Cocoa -framework IOKit -framework CoreVideo -framework GLUT -limage -llexers -lloaders -lrenderer -lrtcore -lsys -lassimp -lassimp /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/ios/assimp.a -lassimp -lassimp /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/osx/assimp.a /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/addons/ofxAssimpModelLoader/libs/assimp/lib/vs/assimp.lib -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/AdamSmith/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ofxEmbreeMaterial-gquulvnxujrjtadxvhnwwlpxehsq/Build/Intermediates/ofxEmbreeMaterial.build/Release/ofxEmbreeMaterial.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofxEmbreeMaterial_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/AdamSmith/Documents/of_v0.8.0_osx_release/apps/myApps/example-materials/bin/ofxEmbreeMaterial.app/Contents/MacOS/ofxEmbreeMaterial

ld: library not found for -lassimp
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)