Origin (0,0) is under windows title bar

Working on an application that is 1280x720, with a Cam (also 1280x720) and GUI displayed at 0,0.
For some reason, it appears to be considering the space under the windows menu bar part of the canvas:

Anyone know why this is happening, or a possible fix? Google and forum searches aren’t being much help.

Did you find a solution for this? I’ve run into the same issue with ofxDatGui

I̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶i̶x̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶-̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶

T̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶?̶

I’ll take a look…

NOPE!

Looks like my assumption was incorrect.

I just ran with:

ofSetupOpenGL(1900, 960, OF_WINDOW);

And it turns out the window size including the title bar and frame came out at 1918 x 998, with the drawable area being 1900 x 960 as requested.

As for coordinates, let’s see…

It seems to draw as hoped, inside the frame. e.g. if I have it draw a 3x3 rectangle in the upper-left corner at 0,0 like this:

ofSetColor(ofColor::aliceBlue);
    ofDrawRectangle(0, 0, 3, 3);

I get this:
Corner

Note the 3x3 alice-blue rectangle at 0,0, just inside the Windows frame.

So @TimRolls , as for your situation, I think it must be something about the thing you are drawing and/or how you’re drawing it. Is that ofxDatGUI? Did you set a Z coordinate for it? I think in drawing 2-D things with a Z coordinate other than zero, they tend to drift a bit from where things get drawn when z = 0.

ofToggleFullscreen to window leaves drawing origin outside window and stretches pixels