Opening OF project on qtCreator 4.0.3 gives error, shows no source files

Hi, my installation of OF+qtCreator was working, highlighting many errors where there were no errors, proven by the fact that I could compile and run my programs fine.

In an attempt to get rid of those ghost errors, I decided to pull the latest changes from the OF repo. When I did that, my program stopped compiling. Unfortunately I didn’t write down the error message. I tried for hours to make it work. I think it was not finding a library. Or was it the poco binary?

Since that route was not going anywhere, I decided to go back to OF 0.9.3 from the available binaries. And things got even worse. Now qtCreator can not list the project files. When opening the project, it shows me this error in the issues panel:

/home/XXX/src/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator/ofApp.qbs:19: error: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

The line in question is this:

cpp.includePaths: of.cpp.includePaths.concat(Helpers.listDirsRecursive(project.sourceDirectory + '/src'))

What would be the easiest way to get OF working again? Get an older qtCreator? Get the code from git, and compile poco somehow? There’s no instructions for that yet I believe…

Hi hamoid

I have same issue. In my case, I just comment the issue line. like below

It works fine. Just try it.

Cheers.

In the end I managed to download the apothecary repo, compile it, copy files to the right OF folder and it worked. I did all this by trial and error, since I didn’t find documentation mentioning how to get it working.

OF 0.9.3 does not work with qtcreator 4. You can either use the github master or an older version of qtcreator.

Actually this has been asked in the forums a few times: Qt Creator (windows): RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

I was succesfully running OF from github for a few days, yesterday I updated from qtcreator 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 and it stopped working again.

It would be nice if somewhere it indicated which version of qtcreator runs well with the git version.

Also I should put a flag so qtcreator does not get updated (unless I read online that it works with OF).