openFrameworksDebug.lib not found in C::B

Hi All

I’ve been given a Code::Blocks (Win7, OF v0.07) project that is currently only set up for debug. When I try to build it I get the following error:

mingw32-g++.exe: ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/win_cb/openFrameworksDebug.lib: No such file or directory  

I looked in the said folder and only openFrameworksDebug.lib is present. Thinking it may have been removed I downloaded a fresh copy of OF 0.07. Neither openFrameworks.lib or openFrameworksDebug.lib were present which led me to believe that these files are automatically compiled when building a project. I tried to build a couple of the example projects using the debug configuration and saw the same error.

How do I get this .lib file to materialise?

You may need to open up the openFrameworks project itself and build a debug version of the compiled library to link against. The release modes and debug modes require different information in the library, well, actually the debug just requires a lot more, and if that isn’t there then you can’t link the debug version of your project properly.

yes, also if you open the .workspace instead of the .cbp it will open both the example project and the openframeworks project. the example project has dependencies with the OF one per target so if you build the debug target it should build the OF debug library (if it’s not already built)

1 Like

Thanks very much guys. Solved.

I just realised this discussion should be in the code::blocks (windows) section. Could someone move it?

make: *** No rule to make target `../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworksDebug.a', needed by `bin/QuaternionArcballExample_debug'.  Stop.  
error compiling QuaternionArcballExample  

while running the build all example script in scripts/linux/ubuntu i am using ubuntu 11.04

it seems you haven’t built OF before doing that. execute /scripts/linux/ubuntu/install_dependencies.sh

can you explain how to do this?

if anyone gets this problem on Linux/Qt

cd of_v/scripts/linux… ./compileOF.sh works