OpenFrameworks & Yosemite + Xcode 6 - Any Bugs?

Hi there, I’m instigated to test the new Mac OS Yosemite 10.10
Someone who has already tested, can talk about the experience? Is everything running well?
The migration of the Mountain Lion was easy for the Mavericks?

Best,

1 Like

all ok here. I had some problems with ofxbullet only on debug mode.
Im using both 10.10 and xcode6 and 10.9 and xcode5 together (2 machines) with no problems on the same projects.

1 Like

I’m using Yosemite for 7 days, and everything is running fine.

UPDATE

Well, I’m facing some trouble running any simulator for iOS, I’m developing some application and I was just running the build in my iPad. Now I have to test other iOS versions and I can’t.

More detailed, explanation about this issue i’m facing in the link below.

Described here:

yep working good for me too
yosemite interface look like new ios it’s nice

just upgrade you project to openframworks 8.4.
not even sure this is really needed

@peko Are you running the simulator without issues? Can you run the examples for iOS?

nop,
haven’t try that, just andorid and the osx.

I’m on Yosemite with XCode 6.1.

I cannot run any of the examples in openFrameworks as I get a “Lexical or Preprocessor Issue ‘tr1/memory’ file not found”. I have been searching online for a solution but cannot find anything. Starting from scratch on Yosemite, I used to have oF 0.72 with 10.8 and no problems then.

@cyport what version of OF are you using? It’s a big leap from 0.72 / 10.8 to 10.10 w/ xcode 6.1 :smile:

My solution was install XCode 5.1 + OF 0.8.4 - running at iOS 7.0, to continue developing the application. But, I know that I have to use the iOS 8 to send to store.

@bakercp I’m using the latest version of OF, sorry I forgot to mention that! 0.8.4

UPDATE:
LINKER ERROR

it’s happenning when I run the simulator at iOS 8.1 iPad Retina.

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/ios/freeimage.a, missing required architecture i386 in file ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/ios/freeimage.a (2 slices)
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/glu/lib/ios/glu-ios.a, missing required architecture i386 in file ../../../libs/glu/lib/ios/glu-ios.a (2 slices)
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "ofxiOSVideoGrabber::ofxiOSVideoGrabber()", referenced from:
      ofVideoGrabber::initGrabber(int, int, bool) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVideoGrabber.o)
      ofVideoGrabber::listDevices() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVideoGrabber.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

@cyport did you find any solution for your setup? Can you run the examples?

The Simulator doesn’t have a Camera… So in <0.8.4 for some reason the Video Grabber code was preprocessor defined out. So in the library you get a symbolic link failure.

This is fixed with this: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/pull/3388

Just note this will not make the camera work, it will be a black texture, however will compile.

clang error ?!

(yosemite + xcode 6,1,1 + OF 0,8) – when OF 0,9 ?
sample, newproject empty and other file test under your site …

Apple LLVM 6 error …
‘‘Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1’’
thank you for your help

a partbresoved , by replacinf file mySketch to this place but,
some files can’t open properly !!! … again