openFrameworks IDE plugins

what version of OF are you using? there was a problem in today’s nightly and osx that i’ve just fixed in master, if you are using the nightlies you can fix it by copying the openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator folder from master

I just pulled the latest master and now I am getting:

Should we move over to github?

can you try now? also i think you are creating the app only one level below openframeworks root, it should work now but it’w better to create it in:

openFramerworks/apps/myApps/ofQtAppTest6

instead of:

openFramerworks/apps/ofQtAppTest6

I changed the location as suggested, now i am getting the following:

did you changed the kit to use clang? by default it’ll use gcc which in osx is pretty outdated and won’t support c++11.

i’ll write all this down at some point :slight_smile:

Yes, I did:

Anything else I could have done wrong?

I just noticed it is greyed out. Not sure what that means.

i have Manual > Desktop and there i’ve selected clang. you can also create a config from scratch if that doesn’t work but it worked for me right away

I just configured a new kit, but it is giving me the same error. I will again give it try later and post some feedback.

also if you can post the compiler output, mostly the command that it’s triggering the error, it’ll help finding out what’s going on

In file included from /Users/thomasgeissl/programming/of/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/ofQtAppTest10/src/ofApp.cpp:1:
In file included from /Users/thomasgeissl/programming/of/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/ofQtAppTest10/src/ofApp.h:3:
In file included from /Users/thomasgeissl/programming/of/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:5:
/Users/thomasgeissl/programming/of/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:393:10: fatal error: 'unordered_map' file not found
#include <unordered_map>
         ^
1 error generated.
Process failed with exit code 1.
The following products could not be built for configuration qtc_Desktop__8b68ce34-debug:
	ofQtAppTest10
	openFrameworks
Error while building/deploying project ofQtAppTest10 (kit: Desktop Clang)
When executing step "Qbs Build"
15:10:41: Elapsed time: 00:08.

Looks like c++11 there is no c++11 support, but the compile command looks fine for me.

/usr/bin/clang++ -arch x86_64 -g -O0 -pipe -fvisibility=default -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++11 -fPIC -DDEBUG -DGCC_HAS_REGEX -DOF_USING_GTK -DOF_USING_MPG123 -I/Users/thomasgeissl/programming/of/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks

If I build a qt widgets application and #include <unordered_map> I get the same error.
Adding CONFIG += c++11 to the .pro file solves this.
I am not familiar with qbs.
I tried adding cpp.cxxLanguageVersion: "c++11"and cpp.cppFlags: "-std=c++11". But both solutions gave me the same error.

can you try if the latest commit in master fixes it for you?

thanks @arturo,

I just installed the plugin for eclipse as described but even after restarting the plugin is not showing up as in your video - not in the create project dialogue and also not under Window > Preferences. installation went through without any errors and it is listed under Help > About > Installation Details.

just pulled oF master, using Eclipse CDT Mars1, under Ubuntu 14.04

any clues?

edit: problem might be independent of your plugin. found this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2697882/plugins-installed-on-eclipse-not-visible and will try it out

update: no luck so far (with -clean, run as admin, install as admin, …) and no error messages with -consoleLog -debug. installed another extension (Lua SDK) which worked.

more infos: plugin showing up under Installation Details > Installed Software:

openFrameworks eclipse plugin 0.1.0.201510121850 cc.openframeworks.feature.feature.group openFrameworks

but not under Features or Plug-Ins.
In Installation Details > Configuration I found:
*** Plug-in Registry: cc.openframeworks.plugin (0.1.0.201510121850) "openFrameworks plugin" [Installed]

found it?: with the plug-in dev tools I found the entry Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8 and my java version is 1.7. is this why?

nope: same problem after switching to 1.8

solved: reinstalling eclipse mars after switching to 1.8, not using the installer, new workspace

felix

uh, so was this a requirement of the OF plugin or in general for eclipse plugins? i’m looking into my code but can’t find anything related to the jave version. otherwise i can try to set it to 7. from what i heard next version of eclipse will require java 8 though.

It did not work for me.
@edapx you did not have this problem, right? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

0.9.0 Release Candidate 2

found this entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF in the Plug In Development perspective of your plugin. but don’t know anything about eclipse plug in development, so maybe not even shipped by you?

I’m having the same problem… I’ve been through the same steps you did, everything seems fine, the right kit is selected, clang is selected in the kit (whilst being grayed) but I get this build error

/Volumes/Work1/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:393: error: ‘unordered_map’ file not found

Did you find a solution ? You mentioned a .pro file but I could not find it anywhere…

BTW : I used git clone from openFramework repo 1 hour ago… Is it the right way to get the latest fixes of OF ?

I haven’t found a solution yet, I gonna try tonight.
The .pro file i mentioned was from a non oF application I set up for testing.

Adding this to .qbs file allow me to go through the whole build process

of.cxxFlags: ["-std=c++11", "-stdlib=libc++"]         // flags passed to the c++ compiler
   of.linkerFlags: ["-lc++"]      // flags passed to the linker

I’m on OSX, and THANKS GOD I hope I’ll be no more using Xcode in a couple of days !!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS ! :sunny: