openFrameworks hacks (windows)

Hi there,

I’m working on some project (hopefully to publish results soon!) and in between, I had to come up with some ways how to achieve certain stuff not directly build into OF and not available in ofxAddons (might be, I have not checked), because some of them reaches to core of OF.

Here is Gist with these functions:

• enable / disable app window “always on top”
  • move window by grabbing inside of window
  • set window to “borderless” (undecorated) mode
  • remove console

All tested on Windows 7 64 in VS2012

Hope someone will find it usefull…

Martin

4 Likes

Hi !

A few remark for the always on top / borderless window : if you create an application with OF_FULLSCREEN (with glfw), oF is actually creating a borderless window always on top using the same glfw hint as you do. If you need a full screen window like this, but you need to spread it out on multiple screen, you can specify it before creating the window :

ofAppGLFWWindow window;
	window.setMultiDisplayFullscreen(true);
    ofSetupOpenGL(&window, 1080, 1920, OF_FULLSCREEN);	

Another alternative if you dont want to recompile oF for that is to use
Window styles and setting them up with
SetWindowLong

Wow! That looks interesting as well! I’ll definitely take a look at those as soon as I can.
I was using those functions by “google-try-use”, but seems like there is much more to explore in Win API.

A cool one (but glitchy if you try to modify it realtime) is the WS_EX_LAYERED extended style. It’s the style used for making transparent windows (like if you want to cut a corner or something)