Openframeworks Example Gallery

Sometimes I stumble around when looking for the right example to references when I’m writing a new OF app, especially now that I need to port some projects to 0.9.0. I thought it would be helpful to have a gallery of screenshots of all the examples.

I put one together for my own use here:

if you click the folder names in the README it shows all the screenshots full size for example:

If this type of thing is helpful to anyone, please let me know and I’ll try to keep it as up to date as I can.

Thank you camb416! This is great idea! I always feel the same. Is there any terminal command to put these images to my OF example folder?

hi gordey,

I hadn’t thought of that, but it’s a good idea. Perhaps it might even be a handy thing to include in examples that go into releases… if examples had a standard way of containing screenshots they could be browsed any number of ways.

It’s not a general solution (make sure to find/replace the path to your OF release folder), but this bash script (executed from the root of the repo) copies each screenshot into it’s example folder and calls it screenshot.png

also, if you do a find and delete every instance of “/screenshot” it puts them alongside the folders, that I find a little easier to navigate from the finder assuming you’re on OS X or Linux…

Maybe there can be an example app that comes with oF, that has all of the examples with screen grabs in it, and buttons to open the Xcode file from it. Kind of like how there’s a reference to all the color names in the color example.