OpenFrameworks and PD via ofxPd

Hi All,

I’m trying to build a simple helloworld using ofxPd and I keep hitting my head against a wall. I have searched the forums and have not found anything similar.

I am trying to build a ofx + libpd project for iOS. I am currently running xcode 8.3.2 and ofx 0.9.8. Using the ios project generator I am trying to build an application that includes the ofxPd library. I create the code base and get and keep getting the ‘Apple Mach-O Linker (Id) Error’

Has anyone else run into this issue or is there a better way to build an ofx project with libpd?

Kind Regards,
Andrew

did you post an issue on the ofxPd github repo? it might be easiest to start there. Secondly, what exactly is the error? Third, do the IOS examples that come with that addon work?

it’s hard to tell if this is an issue with the PG or the addon, but the addon author @danomatika may have more insight…

Hi Zach,

I have not posted on the ofxPd github repo yet but will do so now.

The error is the Apple Mach-O Linker (Id) Error with 'Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation). So that error is really opaque and I’m not really sure how to extract more information out of it.

The iOS examples do not work as well and to test I built a very basic project and that worked. So I’m pretty sure the issue is with ofxPd. Or at least the way that it is integrating with the project.

I will post to github and follow up here as I get more information.

Thanks!

I just tested pdExampleIOS and it’s working fine for me.

Did you generate the project files with the “iOS (Xcode)” platform selected or “OS X (Xcode)”?

Also, if you’re working from OF downloaded as a zip from open frameworks.cc, you’ll need to use the iOS build.

Yes exactly, I’m using the ios specific project generator and my only option is ‘iOS (Xcode)’. I also just tested against the emulator to see if it was my device but I’m getting the same error.

As a followup, the issue was due to duplicate symbols. Disabling the “No Common Blocks” option in Xcode via the “-fcommon” compiler flag fixes this. This is now done in the ofxPd addon_config.mk, so if you have this problem: update ofxPd from Github & rebuild your project with the ProjectGenerator.

See the GH issue for more info: https://github.com/danomatika/ofxPd/issues/55