openFrameworks & opencv 2.3 ?!

Has anybody got openFrameworks & opencv 2.3 working on windows 7?

I understand for OSX there is updated ofOpenCv, but I havent found one for windows. However, compiled correctly would do, with CodeBlocks/VS2010 or any other method, and then I get on with writing code to link the two together.

If anybody could point me to any guides/tutorials or explain me any way which works I would be very grateful.

* I have managed to get opencv 2.3 to work with VS2010, using this tutorial (changing any reference to x64 to x86):

http://siddhantahuja.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/getting-started-with-opencv-2-3-in-microsoft-visual-studio-2010-in-windows-7-64-bit/

… but have not been able to get openFrameworks to work with VS2010 : (

Cheers

Chendy

there is a vs2010 download here:

openframeworks.cc/download

does that not work for you?

My bad, works fine (mostly). Just download from link above.

However, the first app “advanced3dExample” failed to compile

1>------ Build started: Project: advanced3dExample, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> Creating library bin\advanced3dExample_debug.lib and object bin\advanced3dExample_debug.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib ‘MSVCRT’ conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall Swarm::Swarm(void)” (??0Swarm@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function “public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)” (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall OrthoCamera::OrthoCamera(void)” (??0OrthoCamera@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function “public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)” (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __thiscall Grid::customDraw(void)” (?customDraw@Grid@@UAEXXZ)
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __thiscall Swarm::init(int,float,float)” (?init@Swarm@@QAEXHMM@Z) referenced in function “public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::setup(void)” (?setup@testApp@@UAEXXZ)
1>bin\advanced3dExample_debug.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks for the response Zach

Chendy

that’s been fixed in the git branch:

https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/commit/3c0cd68291955f5a5a9407762faf15faef8bce19

and we should post another zip soon that has it fixed. basically the xcode project is missing some of the extra source files in “src”. If you add them it should compile fine.

hope that helps!
zach

Downloaded the latest version from Github, not sure if it was the right version though (Haven’t got my head around Github yet) - I got this folder (after unzipping) following clicking ‘download’ on the link you sent me:

openframeworks-openFrameworks-3c0cd68

I understand there might me ‘master’ as well as ‘develop’ - not sure which version I have.

Anyway works using VS2010! :smiley:

However the ‘advanced3dExample’ didn’t compile under ‘debug’ mode, only under ‘release’ mode. Is this to be expected? (not a big problem - I thought I would just share my findings)

Thanks