openCv crash, possibly... ntdll.dll error

I have a project that runs all day, and at the end of the day the computer reboots and comes back on in the morning then restarts the application.

It is built with ofxOpenCv to do video tracking. Along with ofxBox2d, ofxDelaunay, ofxTriangleExport and ofxAlphaVideoPlayer for everything else it does with that tracking info. :wink:

Every couple days, after it first loads after booting up. If something new appears on the screen to be tracked it bugs out and crashes. Then I’ll restart the application and it will run fine for the rest of the day. The rest of the time it’ll run all day without issue.

It is running on a Windows 7 Home 64-bit machine.
Here is the log information I get.

Faulting application name: WaterWall.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e26da27

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002e3fb

Faulting process id: 0x948

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc4c54ae2da47d

Faulting application path: C:\Users\rip-wall02\Desktop\WaterWall\apps\cyancdesign\WaterWall.Backup07052011\bin\WaterWall.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: b70d6e7e-b856-11e0-bea7-e06995705fdb

I’m not sure where to start looking other than google, which hasn’t shed much light on it for me.
I just find it so strange that it’ll just have to crash once then it’ll be fine the next time it loads.

this kind of error is typically an un-initialized variable. In c++ variables are uninitialized, unlike other languages such as java. this means that every time you run the software, depending on what’s in memory they can have a different value until you set their initial value, usually in setup. If you don’t set their value but use them, this can sometimes leads to crashes some of the time – for example a bool variable that’s uninitialized will sometimes be true and sometimes false, depending on what’s in memory and this can lead your software to run differently.

does that make sense?

That does make sense. Thank you.

[update]
Looks like I have it fixed, I checked all the variables to make sure everything I had written is declared at startup. But I also moved from using warpIntoMe to warpPerspective, which also seemed to help.
I have not had an application crash in over a week now.