OpenAl listener orientation

Hi there,

I can’t figure out how to manipulate (i.e. rotate) the listener’s orientation in ofxOpenALSoundplayer.
It seems to be the default at/up values (0,0,-1,0,1,0).
As far as I can see, setListenerOrientation is not implemented yet. or may be there is another way to manipulate it, which I can’t see.

Any pointing in the right direction would be very cool. thanks.

I am not shure if this is the right way to do it, but I solved this by adding the following to ofxIPhone:

in ofxOpenALSoundPlayer.h:
static void ofxALSoundSetListenerOrientation(float atX, float atY, float atZ, float upX, float upY, float upZ);

in ofxOpenALSoundPlayer.ccp:
void ofxOpenALSoundPlayer::ofxALSoundSetListenerOrientation(float atX, float atY, float atZ, float upX, float upY, float upZ){
SoundEngine_SetListenerOrientation(atX,atY,atZ,upX,upY,upZ);
}

in SoundEnginge.h:
OSStatus SoundEngine_SetListenerOrientation(Float32 atX, Float32 atY, Float32 atZ, Float32 upX, Float32 upY, Float32 upZ);

and in SoundEngine.ccp:
extern “C”
OSStatus SoundEngine_SetListenerOrientation(Float32 atX, Float32 atY, Float32 atZ, Float32 upX, Float32 upY, Float32 upZ)
{
return (sOpenALObject) ? sOpenALObject->SetListenerOrientation(atX, atY, atZ, upX,upY,upZ) : kSoundEngineErrUnitialized;
}

I’ve tried the above solution though found that the sound engine won’t accept the six variables separately,

It looks like AL_ORIENTATION only takes in a vector of the six values through alListenerfv

I tried modifying the files to accomodate this, but still no luck,

I’m not really sure if this is the correct route to take, any more advice on the topic?