0.9RC1 was a release candidate we did a couple of weeks ago, github master has some fixes in it that weren’t there but the best is to use the nightly builds that you can find in the download page, since those have both the latest fixes but also the project files and the compiled project generator which is not present in github
Thats strange the errors you posted don’t sync up with the lib files that I have. ofTypes.h only has 320 lines in my build of openframeworks. Are you compiling a blank app or are you trying to port over an app that you wrote in another version of openframeworks. If you are doing the latter and are using dynamic tag that no longer exists so you will get errors which seems like the error you got when trying to do the nightly build.
As for the VS 2012 express issue my compiler does not throw that error
Are you on update 4 for visual studio 2012? you can try changing the include in ofConstants to #include < cstdint > but that shouldn’t be the solution as your ide is clearly not seeing standard system files
I may try just redownloading the openframeworks, making sure you’re up to date with VS 2012 and restarting your computer. It could be that the system PATH needs to be updated which doesn’t always happen until you restart your computer
I should hope it does we spent a lot of time making sure things compiled on VS2015 in multiple architectures and so far the issues have been generally minimal in the RC concerning compilation on windows
I believe that would be unlikely. I have VS 2012, 2013, and 2015 all installed on my computer and there hasn’t been a conflict yet. Unless you are mismatching toolsets but if you get a prompt to upgrade the projects, don’t that will change the toolsets to the wrong one.
So I ran into a similar problem where the macros for visual studio went missing. This is probably the same problem you were experiencing
If you go to project properties (right click on the Openframeworks Project) -> VC++ Directories -> Include Directories (move mouse to the right side and on the drop down click edit) -> Macros
check to see that $(VC_Include) is defined like so: