ofxWMFVideoPlayer - opening the shared device failed

Hi,
I’ve used ofxWMFVideoPlayer for some projects in the past and it always performed way better than ofVideoPlayer.
Now I’m trying to get it to run with of8.4 on a Lenovo Tablet PC running Windows 8.1. D3DPresentEngine::createSharedTexture() gives me “ofxWMFVideoplayer : opening the shared device failed”
Anyone knows what might be the issue? Graphics adapter is a GeForce GT620M.

Do you have the latest graphic driver for your tablet, and did you make sure you’re running off the graphic card (and not integrated graphics or something) ?

I did all those things but in the end a fresh windows install was the only thing that worked…

Thanks for coming back to say it now works. On top of my head I have really no idea what it could have been. This error is thrown in the early stage of initialization of the video player, it really just says openGL and directX don’t want to talk together.

Well, glad it works!

For posterity, I ran the exact same problem with my new laptop. Tried a fresh driver install ; didn’t help. Everything is fine if I run from the Integrated graphics card, but it fails with the NVIDIA card. My fix (that may break support for non nvidia card) :

In PresentEngine.cpp :

//	HRESULT hr = m_pDevice->CreateTexture(w, h, 1, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &d3d_shared_texture, &sharedHandle);

HRESULT hr = m_pDevice->CreateTexture(w, h, 1, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &d3d_shared_texture, 0);
```

And : 

/*
if (!sharedHandle)
{
	printf("ofxWMFVideoplayer : Error creating D3D sahred handle\n");
	return false;
}
*/
//wglDXSetResourceShareHandleNV(d3d_shared_texture,sharedHandle);

I basically remove the shared handle thing. It's a legacy features that made things work for graphic cards other than NVIDIA but it seems to be phased out on newer version of windows.