ofxVlcVideoPlayer problems

ofxVlcVideoPlayer does not compile properly in Visual studio. I get:
bin\app.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 27 unresolved externals
The externals are for example:
VLCMovie.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol libvlc_media_player_set_position

hey, I am trying to build the ofxVLCVideoPlayer (https://github.com/jnakanojp/ofxVLCVideoPlayer) example on Windows 10 Visual Studio, but I don’t know how to make this settings:

1. If you are working on windows, Link libs/vlcSdk/lib/vs/libvlc.lib, libs/vlcSdk/lib/vs/libvlccore.lib.
  1. If you are developing with Visual Studio, add additional library directory “change project’s linker optimization setting /OPT:REF to /OPT:NOREF(On default, it is set on Release build) and linker advanced setting /SAFESH:NO.

Any idea of how to get this working?

There’s any other recommended addon?
I tried this other addon and it’s working fine:

Hey moebiussurfing,

I built a used ofxVLCVideoPlayer a while ago, here’re the notes I took back then. I don’t remember exactly how I built it but hopefully these notes may help you.

Spec
	- OF 0.9.3
	- X64, windows 10

Download the addon at

Run setup.bat, it will download libvlc win32 and makes the folder for me. (it will create folder "libs" in ofxVLCVideoPlayer folder)

To compile the win32 version 
	- Use projectGenerator to gen a new project with ofxVLCVideoPlayer addon
	- Add the example files
	- Right click project properties and make sure 
		○ Link to include dir in C/C++
		○ Linker 
			§ to directory in Linker --> general (need to link to libs/vlcSdk/vs (these are the win32 .lib files)
			§ Input: libvlc.lib and libvlccore.lib
	- Copy files in copy_to_bin to OF project bin 
	- IMPORTANT
		○ I don't think I need to set Linker --> Optimization --> References to No like in the instruction
It's important to set Linker --> Advanced --> "Image has safe exception handlers" to No /SAFESEH: NO though

Finally, my VS2015 settings look like this

Include 
		;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\access;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\access_output;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\audio_filter;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\audio_mixer;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\audio_output;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\codec;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\control;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\demux;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\gui;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\lua;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\meta_engine;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\misc;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\mux;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\packetizer;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\services_discovery;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\stream_filter;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\stream_out;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\text_renderer;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\video_chroma;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\video_filter;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\video_output;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\video_splitter;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\copy_to_bin\plugins\visualization;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSdk;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSdk\include;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSdk\lib;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSdk\lib\vs;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcInclude;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcInclude\include;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcInclude\include\vlc;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcLib;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcLib\include;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcSrc;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs\vlcSrcSrc\include;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\src

Linked
		;..\..\..\addons\ofxVLCVideoPlayer\libs_x64\vlcSdk\lib\vs;

Lib
		libvlc.lib;libvlccore.lib;

Dll
		libvlc.dll
		libvlccore.dll
1 Like

ofxDSHapVideoPlayer needs QTML and Movies header files. Any suggestion how to get that installed and compiling?

Sorry for the delay. Thanks @gnouc_
I finally used https://github.com/secondstory/ofxWMFVideoPlayer
And it worked fine, using 4K MP4 videos for 2 monitors only. The other 2 where black as someone suggested.
If don’t remember bad there was some special codecs/encoders needed for some of the other addons. Maybe ffmpeg or some payed for some of them…
ofxDSHapVideoPlayer I think it worked for me 0.9.8 vs2015. But it was some months ago…