ofxVideoRecorder not working on ubuntu

Hello guys I download the ofxVideoRecorder from this link https://github.com/Entropy/ofxVideoRecorder

At first I tried it on MAC OSX I run it and press R on my keyboard and it works…

Now I need to run it on UBUNTU I run it and press R but I get error message like.

[ error ] ofxVideoDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:456 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[ error ] ofxAudioDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:461 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[ error ] ofxAudioDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:467 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[ error ] ofxAudioDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:473 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[warning] The video recorder failed to write some frames!:
[warning] The video recorder failed to write some audio samples!:
[ error ] ofxVideoDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:474 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[ error ] ofxAudioDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:478 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[ error ] ofxAudioDataWriterThread: 17:17:20:484 - write to PIPE failed with error -> 9 - Bad file descriptor.
[warning] The video recorder failed to write some frames!:
[warning] The video recorder failed to write some audio samples!:

Is this a bug? or I need to do something?

I had the same error. In your data folder, ofxVideoRecorder should have created some “pipe” file. Try to delete them and start again.

Are you running the example shipped with the entropy repository?

yes I download it from this link https://github.com/Entropy/ofxVideoRecorder

Sorry I cannot understand you…

Try to delete them and start again.
What file or folder should I delete?

And ofxVideoRecorder should have created some “pipe” file.
I will create pipe file or the app should create pipe file?

Which files do you have inside your “data” folder in you application?

I dont have data folder inside the bin.

if I am using mac osx I have a data folder inside the bin.
but on ubuntu I dont have data folder inside the bin.

I’m talking about ubuntu, I do not know if ofxVideoRecorder works on mac. In Ubuntu, in your application folder, you should have a bin folder. Which files do you see inside that folder?

inside my bin

1. ofxVideoRecorder_debug
  2. libs

inside libs

1. libs/libfmodex.so

Sorry I have to check this at home, I’m not on ubuntu.

If you don’t have a data folder try creating it. probably the addon is trying to create the pipe in data but since it doesn’t exists it fails

Wondering if @Jhovarie_Guiang ever got this working on Ubuntu?

My issue is posted here: