ofxVideoGrabber compilation error

I am trying to ingest video from a IIDC/DCAM firewire camera and need to get both the video stream and access to its settings. I found an Xcode project called ofxVideoGrabber to do this but I cannot seem to get it to compile. Right now I get the error:

Ld bin//emptyExampleDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/emptyExampleDebug normal i386  
cd /Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/naychrist-ofxVideoGrabber-18eab9b-1  
/Developer-3.2.6/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386 -L/Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/naychrist-ofxVideoGrabber-18eab9b-1/bin -F/Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/naychrist-ofxVideoGrabber-18eab9b-1/bin -F/Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/glut/lib/osx -filelist /Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/naychrist-ofxVideoGrabber-18eab9b-1/build/emptyExample.build/Debug/emptyExample.build/Objects-normal/i386/emptyExampleDebug.LinkFileList -dead_strip /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoFoundation.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNet.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoXML.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoUtil.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/tess2/lib/osx/tess2.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/glew/lib/osx/glew.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo-script-interpreter.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/pixman-1.a /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/fmodex/lib/osx/libfmodex.dylib /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/rtAudio/lib/osx/rtAudio.a ./libs/osx/lib/libdc1394.a -framework GLUT /Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworksDebug.a -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices -framework OpenGL -framework QuickTime -framework AppKit -framework Cocoa -framework IOKit -o /Users/christopmondiek/Desktop/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/naychrist-ofxVideoGrabber-18eab9b-1/bin//emptyExampleDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/emptyExampleDebug  

i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoFoundation.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNet.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoXML.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoUtil.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/tess2/lib/osx/tess2.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/glew/lib/osx/glew.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo-script-interpreter.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/cairo/lib/osx/pixman-1.a: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/fmodex/lib/osx/libfmodex.dylib: No such file or directory  
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Applications/_of/OF_007/libs/rtAudio/lib/osx/rtAudio.a: No such file or directory  
Command /Developer-3.2.6/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1  

I have gone through it and can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I have tried this with both Xcode 3.2.6 and Xcode 4 and get the same error. This is running under MacOS 10.7.

Thanks for any help!

The project isn’t correctly set up, which makes me wonder if it’s a pre-007 project that’s not set up to build the 007 libs? If you’re not already, I would make sure to not use the project from the download and create your own project either by duplicating an existing sample or by using the OF template (if you’re on XCode 3).

Thanks. I was in fact just using the project that came with it. And I checked the project and it says that it is a version designed for OF007. So I put it in one of the example programs but now I get a bunch of errors of the vain:

"_dc1394_capture_stop", referenced from:  
      Libdc1394Grabber::cleanupCamera()       in Libdc1394Grabber.o  
      ld: symbol(s) not found  
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status  

I would tend to think that it has something to do with a library, dc1394.a that was included with the original but I’m not really sure…

Afaik that’s in ofxLidc https://github.com/kylemcdonald/ofxLibdc that might even be a dependency actually

Thanks for your help. That did the trick, I added that framework to the project and it now runs!