ofxVectorMath?

Is this still in 007 for any reason? It’s confusing to have it in there, imo, and with all the stuff in openframeworks/math there’s really no need for it, no?

Yes, it’s in there, but it is only a collection of typedefs from ofx to of. Still unnecessary at this point I guess?

I think so, I mean, I understand that it’s for backwards compatibility, but I’m not so sure that anyones projects would “just run” if they were plopped into 007 anyways. Is maintaining <7 compatibility a goal? It’s an easy search and replace in any event.

while old projects won’t work in new releases, we’d like to keep old source compiling as much as possible. we try to keep things we remove generally working for at least one major release and then phase them out, like we did with ofAddons.h – that’s the idea here.

Ok, cool, that makes sense. Thanks Zach!

might make sense to include deprecation warnings. like printing a OF_LOG_NOTICE or _WARNING level message if deprecated functions are used. Is that feasible, or should we just maintain a list, like e.g. octave does:

** Deprecated functions.

The following functions were deprecated in Octave 3.0 and have been
removed from Octave 3.4.
beta_cdf geometric_pdf pascal_pdf
beta_inv geometric_rnd pascal_rnd …

The following functions were deprecated in Octave 3.2 and will
be removed from Octave 3.6 (or whatever version is the second major
release after 3.2):
create_set spcholinv splu
dmult spcumprod spmax …

The following functions have been deprecated in Octave 3.4 and will
be removed from Octave 3.8 (or whatever version is the second major
release after 3.4):
autocor cellidx gammai krylovb values …

Isn’t there already a warning?

#include "ofMatrix4x4.h"  

#warning ofxMatrix4x4 has been deprecated.   
#warning Remove all references to ofxMatrix4x4.h and use ofMatrix4x4 instead.  

typedef ofMatrix4x4 ofxMatrix4x4;  

forget what I said. sorry about that. :-X