ofxVCGlib fail to compile

i’m tryng to compile it in windows. with visual studio 2010. i 've created my solution, but i receive these errors:

2>------ Inizio compilazione: Progetto: vcglibExample, Configurazione: Debug Win32 ------
2> testApp.cpp
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(123): error C2059: errore di sintassi: ‘constant’
2> c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(1971): vedere il riferimento all’istanza del modello di classe ‘vcg::ColorSpace’ in corso di compilazione
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(132): error C2143: errore di sintassi: ‘;’ mancante prima di ‘}’
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(132): error C2238: token imprevisti prima di ‘;’
2> main.cpp
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(123): error C2059: errore di sintassi: ‘constant’
2> c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(1971): vedere il riferimento all’istanza del modello di classe ‘vcg::ColorSpace’ in corso di compilazione
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(132): error C2143: errore di sintassi: ‘;’ mancante prima di ‘}’
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\libs\vcglib\vcg\space\colorspace.h(132): error C2238: token imprevisti prima di ‘;’
2> ofxVCGMesh.cpp
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\addons\ofxvcglib\src\ofxvcgmesh.cpp(193): error C2664: ‘void ofMesh::addColors(const std::vector<_Ty> &)’: impossibile convertire il parametro 1 da ‘const std::vector<_Ty>’ a ‘const std::vector<_Ty> &’
2> with
2> [
2> _Ty=ofFloatColor
2> ]
2> and
2> [
2> _Ty=ofColor
2> ]
2> and
2> [
2> _Ty=ofFloatColor
2> ]
2> Motivo: impossibile convertire da ‘const std::vector<_Ty>’ a ‘const std::vector<_Ty>’
2> with
2> [
2> _Ty=ofColor
2> ]
2> and
2> [
2> _Ty=ofFloatColor
2> ]
2> Nessun operatore di conversione definito dall’utente è disponibile o è impossibile chiamare l’operatore
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\addons\ofxvcglib\src\ofxvcgmesh.cpp(213): error C2664: ‘void ofMesh::addColors(const ofFloatColor *,int)’: impossibile convertire il parametro 1 da ‘const ofColor *’ a ‘const ofFloatColor *’
2> I tipi a cui si punta sono privi di relazioni. La conversione richiede reinterpret_cast, cast di tipo C o cast di tipo funzione
2> ofxVCGLibDefinitions.cpp
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\addons\ofxvcglib\src\ofxvcglibdefinitions.cpp(24): error C2679: ‘=’ binario: non è stato trovato alcun operatore che accetti un operando destro di tipo ‘std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec>’. È anche possibile che non vi siano conversioni accettabili.
2> with
2> [
2> _Myvec=std::_Vector_val<ofFloatColor,std::allocator>
2> ]
2> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\vector(388): potrebbe essere ‘std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec> &std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec>::operator =(const std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec> &)’
2> with
2> [
2> _Myvec=std::_Vector_val<ofColor,std::allocator>
2> ]
2> durante la ricerca di corrispondenza con l’elenco di argomenti ‘(std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec>, std::_Vector_iterator<_Myvec>)’
2> with
2> [
2> _Myvec=std::_Vector_val<ofColor,std::allocator>
2> ]
2> and
2> [
2> _Myvec=std::_Vector_val<ofFloatColor,std::allocator>
2> ]
2> ofxVCGLib.cpp
2>c:\of007\openframeworks\addons\ofxvcglib\src\ofxvcglib.cpp(80): warning C4060: istruzione switch senza etichette ‘case’ o ‘default’
2> ofxMeshFace.cpp
2> ofxAssimpModelLoader.cpp
2> Generazione del codice in corso…
========== Compilazione: 1 completate, 1 non riuscite, 0 aggiornate, 0 ignorate ==========

it’is strange because i’ve not problem with the vcg library. i have downloaded it from svn https://vcg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vcg/trunk/vcglib and compiled .( only problem with an example… but i haven’t strange issues like this . As i know the ofxVCGlib addon is tested only on mac for now… anyone has tried on windows?
thanks

I forgot about the VCGLib addon I started. There’s actually an error with certain compilers on VCG that stopped me working on it b/c I couldn’t get it to do what I needed it to do so I let support lapse. I’m thinking that because I’m not going to be working on it, I should delete it, but if it’s helpful to you could you explain what you wanted to do with it and maybe I can help?

There’s another library called ofxGeometry that might be helpful as well: https://github.com/roxlu/ofxGeometry

onestly, i have not a clear idea of what i want to do… or i have too many idea! there are different things that i’d like to do .

i would like to work with mesh creation ; build some geometric shape from math formula and modify at runtime the vertex. i saw in this post http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/triangle-c+±wrapper–2d-mesh-amp;-delauny/547/0 that is possible to use different C++ library to build geometry. i ve tried CGal and trimesh (only i have a look at the examples…) . The library(ofxGeometry) that you suggest is only for Mac , (i’m an a windows and Ubuntu user …) it is very interesting because has opennurbs , (a open source project to display nurbs) . in your opinion should be possible to compile the windows or linux lib of ofxGeometry.? ihave downloaded the opennurbs package for windows and linux, but i don’t know for the others: Gts and GeometricTools. May you give me some advice or info about?

GTS should be Windows friendly. Give it a try and if it doesn’t work maybe I can help since it would be nice to have ofxGeometry work on Windows too…

i have found the GTS and GeometryTools windows versions, i’m working on it. when i arrive to something concrete i will post in the forum. Thanks for the info @Joshuajnoble!

Great. I’m going go ahead and close the ofxVCGlib github repo down until I have time to actually work on it some more.

Any luck with ofxGeometry on windows?

I just got a Windows machine, so I’ll update the repo with some new libraries when I get some time today.

Fast reply :wink: Idea of this library is nice, the fact that it includes opennurbs is really cool, would be good to have it working on win codeblocks…

Maybe there are some news about this? :wink: I still wonder what CAD or nurbs library could be easily integrated with OF in codeblocks under windows… It would make my package application complete with bulletphysics, asiimploader and many other great things. It could be a really powerful tool for my projects…

Maybe opennurbs shouldn’t be too difficult to integrate in windows even if i never tried to do. But what other libraries do you would integrate?

Opennurbs would be very good, but I don’t really understand if it is possible to use it’s calls to draw OpenGL content. I’ve found this library also http://libnurbs.sourceforge.net/ which extends opennurbs, it is probably even better option… I’ve tried implementing opennurbs, but as I don’t really understand how cmake works it just throws me some error in the very beginning when I try to make it into mingw static lib… Possibility to read and edit 3dm files in openframeworks would be amazing for architects, but I don’t think opennurbs could be built using mingw, although I do not understand anything in these intercompilation matters ;)… And even if it would be built, I doubt that it is possible to simply say curve(blabla) and wuolia. I’ve read that these systems often have their own rendering extensions or something like that, that’s why I’m looking for any options which would simply work with OF.

I’ve tried implementing opennurbs, but as I don’t really understand how cmake works it just throws me some error in the very beginning when I try to make it into mingw static lib…

maybe we can open another topic for this and discuss for it and trying to do an addon. You can post your cmake troubles and maybe we can find a solution. I’m interested on it. Normally with cmake, you can choose the compiler but depend of course how the cmakefile.txt was made and if the lib is suited fr miniGW. Googling a bit a found this post: http://news2.mcneel.com/scripts/dnewsweb.exe?cmd=article&group=openNURBS&item=2010&utag= and very useful also this http://cmrg.ucsd.edu/Continuity/Documentation/DeveloperDocs/OpenNurbs
hope that helps.
Cheers

Hey, thanks so much for these links. I now see that this probably could be done. And of course, we can open new theme for this and try working on a kind of addon. I’ll try out this information you gave me and will let you know. Could you open a new topic for this and put a link here? I’m not sure where such things should be put in this forum…:wink: