ofxUI Scrolling

I’m starting a project that will need to display a libary of videos with thumbnails, so I’ll need to allow scrolling the various thumbnails. How to I achieve this on ofxUI? I find no way of scrolling on the library. Maybe I’m not looking for the right name.

I’m quite impressed by the look and feel of ofxUI but if there’s a better library for the job, I’ll gladly choose another option.

If anyone can point in the right direction I’d be very glad.

I suggest you ask the author in the big ofxUI thread. http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/ofxui:-a-user-interface-addon-for-of/8862/0

Scrolling is now in there. One limitation is that Scrollable Canvases don’t allow for multitouch, unless of course you have suggestions on how to go about making that work.

Let me know if it works for you Peter!

Very nice reza. I had already made a few experiments moving the Canvas rectangle but this is much much better. Thank you very much. Currently my project is on hold (have to work/study for other courses) but it will surely be useful. Once again… thank you :wink:

Very cool! And right when I needed it too :slight_smile:
I’m making use of this and it’s quite handy, thanks reza!

I’m dynamically adding a series of ofxUICanvas objects to the scrollable canvas.
There’s a problem when these contains vertical sliders and the canvas also scrolls vertically. I would like the scrollable canvas to stay still while i’m using a slider within it. Any ideas on how to do this?

Hi peced,

I wouldn’t recommend adding ofxUICanvases to the Scrollable Canvas. If you just add plain old sliders or 2D pads to the scrollable canvas they should work prefectly and the canvas shouldn’t move at all :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need a code example.

Cheers,
Reza