ofxSuperColliderServer

Hi everyone,

I tried to make to run SuperCollider as openFrameworks addon… and it succeed :slight_smile:

Usage are very simple:

// ...  
#include "ofxSuperColliderServer.h"  
// ...  

void testApp::setup(){  
   // ...  

ofxSuperColliderServer::init(); // that's all  

// ...  
}  

You can use SuperCollider in Your openFrameworks app, like ofxPd. if you communicate with the server, You will use OSC or ofxSuperCollider addon.

This is the download location:
http://github.com/satoruhiga/ofxSuperColliderServer

# I’m sorry for my bad english…

Thanks!

So, do we have to create the instrument in SC before compiling oF?
Anyway, this is a great work!!!

congrats!

Sounds good! I’ll give it a try the next days!

Thanks!

K.

Hi satoruhiga,

sorry just found some time, to check out the example from Git-hub.
And… it didn’t compile, because the addon-folder is missing includin the files: ofxSC**.h.
Where can I find them?

Thanks.

K.

they’re in the ofxSuperColliderServer/libs/supercollider/include directory. not that hard to find :roll:
have you maybe forgotten to include the directories in the search path of the project in your IDE, whatever that may be?

helo,

mmh, those are not the files we are looking for. those seem to be the headers for supercollider (SC*.h). we are missing the actual addon files, when you open the project it is looking for all kinds of ofxSC* .cpp and .h files. in /addons/ofxSuperCollider/src.
i also can’t seem to find them, so does my finder… anyone any luck compiling the example?

thx!

I compiled it fine a couple of days ago. The files you refer to are from ofxSuperCollider, a different addon on which this one depends. You can download it from here http://code.google.com/p/ofxsupercollider/
hope that helps,
j

alright, i was looking for that! i didn’t know it existed, i thought this was the actual addon. thanks a lot for the link!

Hey Wilm,

does it work for you now?

helo alex,

jop, works perfectly. doesn’t work for you? will try to get it working with the ipad scserver this week…

grtz,
wilm

oh, keep us posted if you make it work with ios. I tried quickly last weekend but couldn’t get scserver for iphone compiling (didn’t try too hard anyway).
best,
j

I want to know how it works with iOS too. That may related to sc file in data folder… I did not solved yet…

Mr.Higa wrote some script to include data folder when I asked him. That may help your challenge. It written in Jpn. But you can see the script…

http://openframeworks.jp/forum/topic.php?id=79#post-381

Good luck!

Koutaro

helo,

thanks for the link to the script, but unfortunately i don’t understand any japanese. anyways, compiling libscsynth for iphone works, when you download from svn (or git soon) just compile the “language” project and look for the libscsynth.a in the build folder. i still have a few problems though, when i try to link against that library i get some errors, following symbols are not found:

“Group_New(World*, int, Group**)”
“sc_AppendToPath(char*, char const*)”
“sc_GetUserAppSupportDirectory(char*, int)”

all headers are there, searchpaths are right… anyone tried this?

thx,

Hey, nice one!

What’s the license for this addon - I assume GPL v3 like SuperCollider itself?!
I would like to port it over to Cinder, is this ok for you?

thanks
m9d

Sorry! I didn’t see this thread long time…

@m9d cool! There is no problem to port to cinder.
I’m not thinking about the license for this addon. but maybe GPL v3???

and, I didn’t tested this addons with iOS system. did it succeed anyone?

Hi wirsing,
I’m getting a similar issue now when compiling the example. any advice? Here’s what the compiler spits out:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "sc_GetUserAppSupportDirectory(char*, int)", referenced from:
      ofxSuperColliderServer::init(int, int, std::string) in ofxSuperColliderServer.o
  "_World_OpenUDP", referenced from:
  "_World_Cleanup", referenced from:
  "sc_AppendToPath(char*, char const*)", referenced from:
  "_World_New", referenced from:
  "Group_New(World*, int, Group**)", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks

Hello there I taking the following error when I am trying to compile, any help?
Thanks in advance

clang: warning: -lpthread: 'linker' input unused
/Users/ari/Tools/openframeworks/of_v0.8.4_osx_release/addons/ofxSuperCollider/src/ofxSCServer.cpp:22:33: error: addition of default argument on redeclaration makes this constructor a default constructor
ofxSCServer::ofxSCServer(string hostname = "localhost", unsigned int port = 57110)
                                ^          ~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /Users/ari/Tools/openframeworks/of_v0.8.4_osx_release/addons/ofxSuperCollider/src/ofxSCServer.cpp:14:
/Users/ari/Tools/openframeworks/of_v0.8.4_osx_release/addons/ofxSuperCollider/src/ofxSCServer.h:27:2: note: previous declaration is here
        ofxSCServer(string hostname, unsigned int port);
        ^
1 error generated.