Out of curiosity, I started working on an addon, that allows to add an icon to the statusbar.
My knowledge of objective-c is quite limited, therefor not everything is working at the moment. I just put the soure in GitHub and pull requests are highly appreciated. It is already possible to add an image and/or text to the statusbar. Also an alternative image (=image on hover) can be defined. The ‘example-basic’ shows the current state of development.
Where I failed:
- Make NSStatusItem *statusItem global (define in header file)
- Get Coordinates (Maybe: http://the-useful.blogspot.co.at/2012/01/getting-nsstatusitem-co-ordinates.html)
- Add Click handler(/Double-Click hander/Right-Click hander)
- Allow passing of ofImage instead of the path
- Modification/removal of icon at runtime.
I’m not sure, if i’'ll be able to solve this issues on my own, therefor I ask for some support, tips and ideas.