ofxPd throws "ofLogError"

Hello,
when I try to compile any project with ofxPd, I get many errors thrown back… like:

/home/dunland/opt/of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxPd/src/ofxPd.cpp: In member function ‘bool ofxPd::init(int, int, int, int, bool)’:
/home/dunland/opt/of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxPd/src/ofxPd.cpp:57:3: error: ‘ofLogError’ was not declared in this scope
   57 |   ofLogError("Pd") << "could not init";
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~
/home/dunland/opt/of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxPd/src/ofxPd.cpp:72:2: error: ‘ofLogVerbose’ was not declared in this scope
   72 |  ofLogVerbose("Pd") <<"inited";
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/dunland/opt/of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxPd/src/ofxPd.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void ofxPd::addToSearchPath(const string&)’:
/home/dunland/opt/of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxPd/src/ofxPd.cpp:117:20: error: ‘ofFilePath’ has not been declared
  117 |  string fullpath = ofFilePath::getAbsolutePath(ofToDataPath(path));
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~

usually binding the addons to my project by just writing them into the addons.make file (after ensuring I cloned them into the OF/addons folder) is all I have to do…
but it seems to me I am missing some sort of a compilation/make process here… unfortunately, I don’t know enough about making processes at all to get behind this error…

Any suggestions here?
(I am on Ubuntu 20.04)