ofxOscQuery addon

Hi there!

As some of you may have noticed, the 1.0 specifications of OSCQuery have been released yesterday. If you want to learn about this in a less technical, more palatable way, there’s a post on VidVox’s blog.

I’ve been working for some time on an ofxAddon for this, which you can find here: https://github.com/bltzr/ofxOscQuery

If you want to know more about how this works, it’s all in the README: the gist of it is that the addon is a wrapper for the ossia library’s C++98 API.

The basics of using the addon are: just declare a server and attach it to an ofParameterGroup -similarly to ofxOscParameterSync- and it will create an OSCQuery server under the hood, which will expose all the children of the attached ofParameterGroup and also manage all communication thereafter (including queries and “plain OSC” bidirectional communication).

I’ll just add a few video demos here, to tease you guys about all this:

• here’s a video showing ofxOscQuery in use with VDMX’s and Vezér:

• and here’s a, more technical -yet still short and simple- video on how to setup an ofxOscQueryServer into your ofApp:

• I unfortunately had no time to create the next one with ofxOscQuery, but here’s another teaser showing how to use ossia score with OSCQuery -in that case with VDMX- which I’m sure you’ll all very easily figure out how to use with ofxOscQuery.

Please enjoy, and let me know how all goes with you and your ofApps !

Cheers,

Pascal

just a side note - if you want to use this with VDMX, you need to launch VDMX after ofxOscQuery has started - this is a known bug, we’re working on solving this