ofxOsc referencing errors

Hey all

I’m trying to use ofxOsc on the iPad but i’m getting lots of referencing errors when compiling. i think it’s not linking osc.a correctly. Generally I just drag the .a files into my project and it links fine. any ideas? it doesn’t seem to complain that it’s for the wrong platform or that the file itself is broken. just that all the symbols dont exist.

i haven’t got a UdpSocket.cpp, just a .h

here’s the stuff:

"UdpSocket::UdpSocket()", referenced from:  

"UdpSocket::~UdpSocket()", referenced from:  

"IpEndpointName::GetHostByName(char const*)", referenced from:  

"osc::EndBundle", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(osc::BundleTerminator const&)", referenced from:  

"UdpSocket::Connect(IpEndpointName const&)", referenced from:  

"UdpSocket::Send(char const*, int)", referenced from:  

"typeinfo for UdpSocket", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::Data() const", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(osc::BeginMessage const&)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::~OutboundPacketStream()", referenced from:  

"osc::EndMessage", referenced from:  

"osc::BeginBundleImmediate", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(osc::MessageTerminator const&)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::Size() const", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(char const*)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(osc::BundleInitiator const&)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(float)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::operator<<(long)", referenced from:  

"osc::OutboundPacketStream::OutboundPacketStream(char*, unsigned long)", referenced from:  

found this thread:

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/iphone-0061-fat-amp;-ofxosc/3613/0

to summarise memo:

download oscpack from http://frey.co.nz/old/projects/ofxosc/
and then copy all the cpp’s (out of osc and ip including subfolders) into your ofxOsc folder (doesn’t really matter where). and add those files to your project.

it’ll complain that the paths are wrong if you try to build. you can just delete the directory names in the include lines of the .cpp files that you added, as it’ll find the .h’s without them (as long as they’re in your project)

elliot

Hi @elliotwoods , I ran into the same problem, but the link in your last post is broken. Do you have any idea if the files could be found anywhere else? Thanks!