ofxNetwork on RPi with OF 0.9.8

Hello !
I just arrived in C++ programming and openFrameworks, with the main goal of modifying the ofxPiMapper addon to give it TCP superpowers.

ofxNetwork works great with the nightly build because there is even an example that builds without any errors.

But ofxPiMapper only builds with OF 0.9.8 so here I am trying on this version :

ofxNetwork is present in the addons folder but there are no examples so I’m unsure how to make it functional, event for a test. There is indeed a ‘doc’ file that stipulates requirement of ofThread but this I don’t see anywhere

Is the doc file obsolete ? Can you explain how to get the latest example of ofxTCPClient working ? I hope you do :smile:

Thanks

look examples net in:

OF/examples/addons/network*

It doesn’t compile… I get this (I hope it’s usefull)

/home/pi/openFrameworks/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxNetwork/src/ofxTCPServer.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:382: recipe for target ‘bin/networkTcpClientExample’ failed
make[1]: *** [bin/networkTcpClientExample] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/pi/openFrameworks/examples/addons/networkTcpClientExample’
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:125: recipe for target ‘Release’ failed
make: *** [Release] Error 2

try to recompile openframeworks:

make -C OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project

“File truncated” this happens when a build is interrupted.

Hey, thanks for the tips kashim.

OF recomipled without issues, however didn’t work either.
I had actually to delete the folder :
openFrameworks/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxNetwork
and then when recompiling the example it went fine and I can run it.

Feels good man :smile:

Is there a way to force recompiling every files ?
Because it seems to me that the compiler saw files already existing and then didn’t remake.