ofxMultitouch and touching stuff on screen (iPhone)

So i’m quite happy with the way multi-touch works (in the time I’ve had to play with OF iPhone anyway) but can I tie this into another library to enable me to actually touch display objects directly? Like in Flash you have MovieClips with click/release/over/out etc events, which I’d like to have in this.

Maybe ofxInteractiveObject can do it, but I don’t really understand how that works… It’s past 4am here and I’m only up because I’m in the middle of downloading an iPhone SDK update, so I’m probably not thinking this through properly. But I do want to be able to dive into Xcode tomorrow and try to get something interactive working. That would be grand.

An example would be appreciated, but I’d be happy with a quick outline.

Thanks!

Maybe this is a stupid idea, but can I do this?

class TouchableObject : public ofxMultiTouchListener  
{  

public:  

void setup();  
  void update();  
  void draw();  

void touchDown( float x, float y, int touchId, ofxMultiTouchCustomData *data = NULL );  
  void touchMoved( float x, float y, int touchId, ofxMultiTouchCustomData *data = NULL );  
  void touchUp( float x, float y, int touchId, ofxMultiTouchCustomData *data = NULL );  
  void touchDoubleTap( float x, float y, int touchId, ofxMultiTouchCustomData *data = NULL );  

};  

And have TouchableObject implementations draw stuff to the canvas?

Being able to touch stuff directly is a real hurdle for me at the moment. I experimented briefly with ofxMSAInteractiveObject, but it appears to only support keyboard/mouse input, so that’s not much help.

Hmmmm.

I tried the above, and as I expected it didn’t work.