ofxMailUtils

It has two modules:

ofxPop3Utils: allows to attach several mail accounts and set an interval for checking them. It will check in it’s own thread and advice of new mail arrival by generating an event to which you can add listeners using the same sintax as for 0.06 ofMouseListener, ofKeyListener…

ofxSmtpUtils: once you define in ofxMailUtils.h the smtp server and port, it allows to send new mails. It has blocking (sendMessage) and unblocking (addMessage) functions.

Both of them use some structs defined in ofxMailUtils.h for specifying the accounts and sending and receiving mails.

There’s an example in the addon that uses both smtp and pop3 you’ll need to set the right account data and smtp server and port.

By now it only supports plain text authentication:

http://addons.openframeworks.cc/project-…-xmailutils

oh my days!
downloading now - can’t wait to try it!

:smiley:

Ahh, this is deadly. I’m curious – why did you develop this? Are you using this for something you’re working on?

wow that’s nuts – looking forward !!

I’m curious – why did you develop this? Are you using this for something you’re working on?

Yes, by now I have an arduino bluetooth that receives and perhaps will send mails :slight_smile: I’ll post, when I have something else.

hey arturo!

I tried compiling and it looks like there is a missing definition for ofTimestamp.
Might be something you added to your own OF?

Theo

Oh yes, forgot about that, I defined ofTimestamp as

typedef Poco::Timestamp ofTimestamp;

I added to ofTypes.h: thought it can be a useful thing to have, but you can create it in the same ofxMailUtils.h

You need to include Poco/Timestamp.h

Also you will need -lPocoNet in your linker compiler settings in order to compile

EDIT: just added the typedef to ofxMailUtils.h in the addons download