ofxLiveSet - an addon for controlling live performances

Dear ofCoummunity,
i am currently developing ofxLiveSet - an addon for managing and interacting with your live sets. It is basically a copy of ableton live. More flexibel and less audio focussed.

I was using it successfully for a dmx performance and i am planning to use it as a vj tool. There are still many bugs and things to improve, but maybe it is already useful for someone. At this point i also thought it could quite useful to hear some opinions, feature requests, ideas for improvements.

Some of the bigger TODOs:

• escaping the pointer hell, moving to shared_ptrs or get completely rid of them
  • adding audio support via ofxDSP
  • adding a react based gui

If you want to give it a try, you can clone a fresh installation of oF and all the dependencies with the following command.

sh -c "$(curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thomasgeissl/ofxLiveSet/master/scripts/install.sh)"

Feel free to post your comments here or open issues on the github page.
Thanks
Thomas

//edit: fixed the clone command

Hey! This sounds really nice. I’ll give it a try and let you know.
cheers

great, i recommend checking out the graphic example. if i have time i will move the gui to its own window.
the example is not yet documented, but you can toggle the gui with ‘g’, selecting different clips by using the cursor, toggling them with the enter key. or simply use the mouse to activate clips. then the clip panel will be shown at the bottom.