ofxLibwebsockets changing destination from localHost to http://www.mywebpage.com ..... how to?

Hi this may seem really basic and stupid but I cant find how I can change the example_server_binary example so that I can send the dragged image to a webpage instead of running on the local host.

Does it have something to do with options.documentRoot?

I have the contents of bin/data/web running on my web page and it looks just the same as when its running on my local host I just dont know how to tell the oF app to send the image to the site instead of to the one on my localHost… Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

Hello,

I replied on the Github issue as well, but just in case others are curious:

Here’s a quick step-by-step for what you want to do:

• Set up a websocket server somewhere in the cloud (e.g. on amazon EC2 or Heroku in node.js, Ruby, or another server-side language)
  • Connect your OF app AND your browser app as clients
  • When you drag your image into OF:
    • Send binary frame to your websocket server
    • On the websocket server, accept the binary frame and forward to all connected clients
    • On the web-based client, catch the message and render the image (example code to do this is in the data/web folder of example_server_blob in ofxLibwebsockets

I should note, you could create a websocket server in OF in the cloud by installing, compiling, and running your app on a cloud-based server (usually through ssh). However, we don’t have a version of the underlying library, libwebsockets, compiled for linux64 yet.

Great thanks for spelling that out for me @robotconscience! Was getting a little lost there in web land. Feel free to close the github issue. Thanks!