ofxKinect4Azure: addon of Azure Kinect DK for Windows

Hello,

I finally got Azure Kinect DK (is not sold in Japan yet) and I have tested Azure Kinect DK with official SDK.
It seems it needs CUDA to work on body tracking so I will try with another machine later.

2 Likes

Do you mind to share a picture after try the Azure Kinect DK on machine with CUDA for comparison purpose so we able to know the difference with and without CUDA support. Besides, have you try the body tracking sdk as well?

@JMonkey94
Thanks for your comment.

I’ve tested with/without CUDA and found it uses cuDNN which is Deep Learning library for pose tracking.
https://developer.nvidia.com/cudnn

So you have to use PC with NVIDIA graphics card to use pose tracking with Azure Kinect.
But you don’t need CUDA (which means you have to use NVIDIA graphics card) when you don’t use pose tracking. It works on my BOOTCAMP Mac with RADEON graphics card.

I think they use cuDNN because you can choose option to use Azure Kinect on Jetson.

1 Like

Thanks @sadmb your finding and reply. My objective to get this Azure Kinect DK is to use their body tracking sdk for development and now it seem CUDA is necessary to run the sdk or else the Azure Kinect DK is just normal sensor camera in RGB and depth camera.

am i right?