ofxKinect Theo: libusb problem

Hello,

This is my first dive into OF and I’m very pleased to be here.

I’m having a problem when I try and build ofxKinect that I haven’t seen discussed in these Forums or in the ‘issues’ page of Theo’s github.

This is some of what Xcode gives me:

Building target “ofxKinect” of project “ofxKinect” with configuration “Debug” — (10 errors, 1 warning)  
	Checking Dependencies  
Warning: The Copy Files build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'openFrameworks-Info.plist'.  
		Warning: The Copy Files build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'openFrameworks-Info.plist'.  
	    cd /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example  
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.4  
    /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/bin -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/freeimage/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/fmodex/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/GLee/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/rtAudio/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxKinect/libs/libusb/osx/libs -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/freetype/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/osx -L/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxKinect/libs/libusb/osx/libs -F/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/bin -F/Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/glut/lib/osx -filelist /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/build/ofxKinect.build/Debug/ofxKinect.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofxKinectDebug.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -Wl,-dead_strip /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworksDebug.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/GLee/lib/osx/GLee.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/rtAudio/lib/osx/rtAudio.a -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices -framework OpenGL -framework QuickTime -framework AppKit -framework Cocoa -framework IOKit -framework GLUT /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/CppUnit.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoFoundation.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNet.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoUtil.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoXML.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/osx/openCV.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/freetype/lib/osx/freetype.a -lfmodex /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/osx/freeimage.a /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/../../../addons/ofxKinect/libs/libusb/osx/libs/usb-1.0.a -o /Users/joshkpete/Downloads/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/addons/ofxKinect/example/bin//ofxKinectDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/ofxKinectDebug  
Undefined symbols:  
  "___stack_chk_fail", referenced from:  
      _usbi_sanitize_device in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
      _libusb_get_device_descriptor in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-descriptor.o)  
  "_fcntl$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _darwin_open in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
  "_pthread_cond_init$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _usbi_io_init in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-io.o)  
  "_write$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _libusb_close in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
      _usbi_fd_notification in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
      _darwin_async_io_callback in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
      _darwin_devices_detached in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
  "_poll$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _handle_events in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-io.o)  
  "_close$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _usbi_io_exit in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-io.o)  
      _usbi_io_exit in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-io.o)  
      _darwin_close in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
      _darwin_close in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
  "_read$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _libusb_close in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
      _usbi_fd_notification in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
      _op_handle_events in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
  "___stack_chk_guard", referenced from:  
      ___stack_chk_guard$non_lazy_ptr in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-core.o)  
  "_usleep$UNIX2003", referenced from:  
      _darwin_init in usb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)  
ld: symbol(s) not found  

any ideas? the only other discussions of libusb i’ve seen are by people trying to do a ppc/universal build or something.

i had some more experienced eyes on this and we tried switching to 10.4 and 10.5 in xcode.

running OF 0062, mac OS 10.6.5, xcode 3.1.4

thanks a lot!
Josh

update: i installed the newest version of apple dev tools

had one problem: kept getting this stupid “GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK” error, no matter what i did with the target settings, etc.

wanted to uninstall ALL files of apple dev tools since i had some messy stuff from previous versions. found scripts such as:
“sudo perl /Developer/Tools/uninstall-devtools.pl”

but they didnt work. finally, i found the folder called “Mac OS10.4u.sdk” and trashed it. it WORKS! ofxKinect now compiles and runs.

is this legit, or might there be other things laying around? if i wanted to totally uninstall previous versions and re-install from a clean slate, does anyone know how to do that?